Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Untouchable- deception of the dead (DEMO)

Dead content awaiting restoration.

cooltext546062713.png

The year is 1132 AD, zombies have surfaced 250 years ago but only a few know of there existence. To the naked eye these zombies look, talk and act like humans, they have established a city called Chingo on the western side of the continent Giridava. Over the years they have gained the trust of nearby cities through trade, gifts and banquets. Chingo has been excavating cave after cave in search for a fossil, a ancient fossil which will awaken an old comrade. Chingo has encouraged fellow Giridavians cities to search for this fossil by offering big rewards to the city that finds the fossil.
And thus are story begins........
map4m.png

cooltext546042704.png

A young eager soldier always wishing for action wakes up to what seems like another boring day.
He heads off to work as usual, while on his mission to retrieve an ancient fossil from a cave. He
finally meets the action he's been praying for, but is it to much action? Friends and commanders getting
killed left and right by strange creatures never before seen by man. He despreatly searches for an exit but
there is none.
On His right is his best friend Spook and he says he can use a teleport skill but never teleported more than one
person before and on his left is his childhood friend, Tsumi who has taken the ancient fossil. Spook
uses his teleportation skill but it dosen't go as he planned the fossil sinks into Tsumi body and the
three of them blackout. When you wake up your all alone in an unknown area, looks like he got
what he asked for and it dosent look like it will end any time soon.

cooltext546043750.png

YOU the protagonist- A young man 19 years old, usually laid
back but has temper when provoked and Can be cocky at times
he Joined the army hoping to get rid of his boring life. He has a hard
time remembering events from his early childhood.

SPOOK- 17 years old Best friend of the protagonist, extremely lazy
doesn't like to go out his way to help people. Scared of almost
anything scary stories, superstitions, the dark and pretty much
anything not normal.To try to change his personality he was forced
to become a soldier by his parents.
spook.png

TSUMI- 19 years old Childhood friend of the protagonist, sweet girl at
first sight but the say the wrong thing you will find yourself in trouble.
Joined the army to look after the protagonist.Likes to meet new faces
and can talk a lot almost a little to much.
tsumi.png

SUSHI- 21 years old Spooks cousin, a real joker. Spend most
of her time trying to scare or annoy spook.
Works for the special ops in a small tropical town.
sushiv.png

RISA- 26 years old, Zombie hunter thrown into jail for attempted
robbery many times but she breaks out maybe because she has
the ability to read peoples minds, doesn't like to watch people get
picked on. Very friendly but at the same time fierce.
risaj.png

RYKU- 24 years old, comes from the same village as Risa , He a real
criminal well at least that's what he tells people. Madly in love with Risa
and gets jealous whenever guys get close to her.
ryku.png

He's pretty much a jerk to everybody except Risa.

cooltext546080953.png

INSTRUCTIONS
First download the game. Once the game is extracted place the audio file in
in the games folder(untouch).
Tip- Save your game often just in case you run into a bug.

DOWNLOADS
game V2.0- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61ET8RA4

SNEAK PEEK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYRHGRmm75Y

FIXED
*bug that causes you to become invisible*
*(in game) Press the Q key to view hud*

ADDED
*new title screen *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t02oV1eiZY
*new menu screen*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwnj4IYqRAg

UPCOMING in Version 2.1
*minor bug fixes*
*grammar and spelling fixes*

*Credits*
SCRIPTS by
Moghunter
Thomas1
Woratana
Lettuce
modern algebra
DeadlyDan
BulletXt
Prexus
Mithran
Falcao
Behemoth
Pacman
IceDragon

Ok I'm downloading this now so I haven't ACTUALLY played it yet but here's my first impression.

That title picture is pretty ugly, sorry to be so blunt but there's really nothing else I can say about it. The text is pretty hard to read and I probably would have had to stare at it for a second before I could tell what it said had I not already read the title of the thread. The anime character's aren't TOO bad themselves, but when thrown on that backdrop they stick out like black people in Aspen. Also those bats have that nasty white outline images get when you cut them out of a white background with a quick select tool. (PS: I see those little captions in the bottom corners there...)

I can't really get in depth about the world map you've got there since it's so zoomed out, but from what I can see it's not half bad.

Your story is... thin, to say the least. You should really flesh it out more. What are these fossils you're looking for? WHY are you looking for them? WHY are YOU looking for them?

Now as for your characters, they too need a little work. For one, they don't really look like soldiers. They look like Final Fantasy characters that never got used. Not to mention that some of their pictures have noticeably mixed resolutions/styles (i.e. Tsumi and Risa, their faces are painted while their bodies are pixeled). The faces are nice though, except for Spook's hat...

You're screens are actually damn impressive man. I've never been a fan of the RMVX look, but I think you've used it nicely :D The only problem with your maps that I can see (so far) is in that last map. The lower-right area of that map makes very little sense. Why is there a bunch of random pits? I mean I can see why you'd want to cut off the edges but you couldn't use water or trees or something?

Anyway that's for your maps, now on to those battle screens. Please, change that background. There is WAY too much going on in that, and it's very distracting and hurts my eyes if I stare at it too long.

And lastly, why, oh dear god why, why is there two separate files that you have to download? It would have been much easier for both you and anyone who downloads this if you just put the audio folder in the game folder and just left it as one download.

So yeah... I AM still going to download this and give it a play, and I will post my revised opinion soon.

Thanks for the quick feedback ;). Im making the download one link should be up by tomorrow.
I know the story seems thin, its because i didn't spoil the story. I will find a way to elaborate
on the characters and story soon.

Thats an ugly title graphic you have there. Font is hard to read and sparkles makes it harder.

The mess in the background doesn't help with the blending either

moog

Sponsor

Your status menu pops up in the title. It doesnt look too good man...and the battle animations are really overhyped, but the battle system looks pretty awesome.

Yeah man the status menu bug...... all the other menus work fine. I have been trying to figure out what causes that but no luck.

Ok so I've played this for a good 20 minutes now. I just got on the train and ran in to a pretty big bug. It seems that I was transferred right on top of another guy who was in the train, and for no real reason at all I decided to move down, and I ended up getting stuck in between two guys and the corner of the train so I can't move. This needs major fixation.

As for the rest of what I've seen so far, it's actually better than I thought it would be. Most of your mapping is solid (a few minor errors here and there), and the music is nice when you're not in battle or on the title screen. The music during battle and on the title screen bug the shit out of me though. I don't mind rock or anything and it can be good for games, but the track you've got playing was pretty noisy and distracting. The battle system itself is pretty awesome, however, the battlers kept shaking around like they were having some kind of seizure. I'm not sure what's causing that but I assume it's that each frame in the animation isn't lined up with the last one. The attack animations are pretty sweet, even if they are a bit overzealous.

So yeah that's about all I can say so far, I'll probably pick it back up again tomorrow or some other time when I'm not consumed by my own work and give it a more in-depth play.

@Dr. Funk
Crazy stuff man, that's the thing about testing your own game, you miss things like that. Thanks will work on that right away. :)

4 or 5 battlers have a little shake to them but there are over 40 enemy battlers so you shouldn't see them to often,
hopefully.
You may run into another bug i fixed yesterday, a game breaking one were your character becomes invisible in a forest. I apologize for the inconvenience you may have to download again and just transfer your early saves.

Yeyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
Nice Map and Nice Battle System...
Anything is so perfect!
Downloading :D
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.