Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

This place is dead

Is this place dead?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
There's a noticablee amount of brits here, but I think it's just a thing that is, i'd say the servers are in the U.S. and all

Amy and Potion live in England just from the top of my head. There's plenty of American fellas too, tho.

One thing I noticed; some people with their RM games on Steam when they ask me about shit and I point them to this forum, they will then come back to me saying that they can't figure out how to register/login/access and give up.

I consider myself active with the RM community, but I'll admit that the majority of that is over on Steam where people add me as a friend for direct support (which I try to direct to over here).

As for projects, I only have concepts due to work taking up 95% of my time; my work contributes technology towards the 5% of my time which is a personal game project at the moment, when my work ramps up I'll get more contributed to the visual-novel game and the design concepts can move into testing, at which point I'll have content to actually show.

That's an update on my personal works.

I'm also Dutch.

I think there are two reasons that this website is almost dead. The first one is that the RPG Maker community is not as big as it was in the past and the second reason is what Xilef said, it's not a very clear website. New visitors should be invited when they're at the home page and making an account should be easy.

I think due to the time this site was built where RPGmaker sites were sprouting up everywhere there was demand for this sort of thing more, now that RPGmaker is on Steam and all it's becoming basically
the most welcoming gets the worms'.

Heck I might not be here if I didn't go and get myself rooted in just about every RPGmaker website a six or so years back. Like that's when it really had hit a boom as RPGmaker VX had just released.

Was also the first RPGmaker officially translated to Western Markets afaik.

BizarreMonkey":1hs6mfsp said:
Was also the first RPGmaker officially translated to Western Markets afaik.
Nah, XP was out worldwide a few years prior. it was out earlier and is still better ayy lmao
I'm here from .net days when I'd surf the site download other peoples scripts and actually attempted to make RPG games with story. I have since come to the conclusion that I should stay far, far away from that type of thing because I cannot write stories / dialogue for peanuts.

Oh, and admire SephirothSpawn in my free time as well.

Murica! Yeah!

:sad: :boo: :sad: :boo: :sad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:boo: :sad: :boo: :sad: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
:sad: :boo: :sad: :boo: :sad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:boo: :sad: :boo: :sad: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
:boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LuxesR":1tmrr31n said:
I'm also Dutch.

I think there are two reasons that this website is almost dead. The first one is that the RPG Maker community is not as big as it was in the past and the second reason is what Xilef said, it's not a very clear website. New visitors should be invited when they're at the home page and making an account should be easy.
I actually think it's more to do with functionality.

Take RMN. RMN is a pretty active website (>40x more traffic than this website), but the forums themselves are most definitely not 40x more active than these forums are. That's because most of their activity goes through the individual game-pages that are hosted there; most people who visit won't be developers and so won't find the forums that interesting, but they will interact with games that they download via their hosting pages.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.