Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content The Worst Game in the World

Dead content awaiting restoration.
The Worst Game in the World
By SwiftChocobo/Araphre
(swiftchocobo is my pen name so to speak, I always sign up for forums and such with Araphre)
wtitle.png

Get weady. The crazy new game that's taking the nation by storm. Here's what people might have to say:

Rave Reviews:
Game Informer: "Total waste of time and space..."
IGN: "I want those 3 hours of my life back."
You: "My gosh. Why am I playing this."

Actual Factuals:
A fully functional, fully completed, very playable game created in the good ol' days of Rm2k3, roughly 7 years ago. I had the first version uploaded to one of the many rm2k sites that went under some time back. Unfortunately, that particular website was the only place I had my other full games uploaded to when my hard drive toasted. Lo and behold, the only project that survived happened to be this comedy of a farce of a game known simply as WgW.
The project has lay dormant for years while I focused on other, less important things (such as growing up and making friends.) I thought it to be all but lost, when joy! I struck gold on an old flash drive I dug up.
Now, in the new era of all your RMXPs and RGSSes comes a masterpiece that can only truly be described as a stroke of mad idiocy.
The reason I am posting such an old project again is because after digging it up and polishing it for 'retail,' I decided to take on the sequel. The problem is nobody knows this game exists, so the sequel wouldn't be fully appreciated!
approximately 3 hours of gameplay.

Plot:
None whatsoever.
... You'll figure it out as you go along. Just trust me. It may be designed to ultimately waste your
time, but if you are capable of following a game for a couple minutes, you might just have a little
fun in the process of wasting said time.

Characters:
Swift Chocobo:
Me, the Creator. What I say goes. 'nuff said.

Default Guy Zack:
The basic hero model. He really wanted to be in a game that took time and effort to make.
Poor, poor Zack....

Klaus:
Blue hair and a weird name to boot, you meet this guy in watersville. He's apparently a hero
who's already beaten the game, making him much more awesome than you.

Zit:
A somewhat egotistic and slightly deformed stump pixie with a higher than average IQ (considering
the average IQ around these parts is 0, give or take 2.) He likes to think he's the hero, but much
like his fellows, he really doesn't have the faintest idea what's going on.

Saphire:
Zit's life-long friend. They grew up together defending their hometown from monsters. She's very
intelligent and witty, and at times even a little hot-headed.

Politician:
As corrupt as they come. And he has two faces. Literally.

Euro:
A chicken charmer from the scorching hot desert town of Summer. Being a chicken, she's a tad naive
about the world and the way things work.

Treaylianis:
The powerful dragon who lurks within the Eternal Tower. He is said to have great power, comparable to
that of the Creator.

Random:
A very random horse. He's quick to judge and doesn't give a darn about anything.

Aurial:
A mysterious mage who tends to take things seriously. He's on some sort of quest....

Frank:
The most confused... thing in the game. You have to see Frank for yourself.

Screenshots:
(That have very little to do with the game but they ARE actual screenshots from the game)
wgw-piccy4.png

wgw-piccy3.png

wgw-piccy2.png

wgw-piccy1.png

Credits:
Probably gonna be chewed for this, but... this project is so old, there may be one or two people I miss. I used Don Miguel's RTP 1.32 addon, for starters (again, this was back in the day.)
There's music in there by Scott Peoples and Rapture from OC Remix. Also, some by the Sonic Team (Crush40.)
I want to thank people like Lysander86, Qheretic, Rast, and RPG Advocate for helping me learn so much through their examples.
And the rest, I take absolutely no credit for. The only custom thing I made in this game graphics-wise was the title screen and the character Zit's graphic. This is a non-commercial game and no harm was intended by its creation.
I am aware that there may be some things in there that should have credit attached to them, but it's from so long ago I couldn't dig up the sources. I honestly feel this game needs to get out there, so please... if you see something in this game that was created by someone else, let me know so I can give them proper credit and my personal thanks.

The Game:
Unfortunately, I only have the 'game disk' version that includes the original RTP. But it's for the better since most folks won't have rm2k3 installed. The zip includes the setup and game manual with installation instructions.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zh24jmgziek/WgW-Retail.zip

Enjoy.
©Swift/Araphre 2009

ʞʍɐɯ":1bavv49y said:
a joke game made with rpg maker... are you sure the world's ready for this?

I know there are plenty of 'joke' games out there. But this isn't just another one. It's worse.

... but seriously, I wouldn't make it unoriginal. That's not my thing... but I'll leave that up to the good people of the community to determine such things.

Araphre":22vp6x17 said:
I know there are plenty of 'joke' games out there. But this isn't just another one. It's worse.
Ah, now that makes it all worth playing?

I'm sorry for being so harsh, but this won't go anywhere. There's too many 'Joke' RPGs and they tend to bore me a lot, and most other people. Personally, it's just an excuse to make a really crappy game and get away with it.

Comedy games are fine, but not 'Worst RPGs Evur'. They've been overdone, so leave them at that.

no, (insert Pokemon game here) was THE WORST game in the world for ALL TIME!!!

I hate pokemon... :box:

Let's try and keep the posting related to the game, okay?
~Dadevster

Deranous":3vjp92fi said:
Araphre":3vjp92fi said:
Ah, now that makes it all worth playing?

I'm sorry for being so harsh, but this won't go anywhere. There's too many 'Joke' RPGs and they tend to bore me a lot, and most other people. Personally, it's just an excuse to make a really crappy game and get away with it.

Comedy games are fine, but not 'Worst RPGs Evur'. They've been overdone, so leave them at that.

I can only assume so, I've not been involved in the community for the long while I've been toying with rpg makers.

And a name is a name. The difference is within the game itself. I'll admit, the beginning is quite terrible. But as the game progresses, it develops a bit of a plot that can decently hold one's interest for the short length of play.
Truth be told, I didn't expect this to be received well. This was one I've my first projects that I started many, many moons ago. No, it's not -paste on mom's refrigerator-esque, but I'm not trying to pass it off as a masterpiece. I simply felt like getting the word out, it's more for the sequel's sake. I plan on making it much -better-, so to speak, incorporating more elements that would hold the player's interest (namely story and gameplay.)
All this project is is character development and backstory.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.