Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Screenshot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was part of my experiments in loading a new model format.

Here is another shot;
oP2H95j.png

In those two I'm testing a new outline shader I wrote, it's horribly inefficient (Loses 70fps!) but this new one ranks the probability that an edge needs a line drawn on it, the original shader would escape as soon as it thinks an edge needs a line so detailed models like this one ended up with lines being slapped on with no regard for the detail, in this version it will reduce the strength of the line if it doesn't look like it deserves a fully thick line.

Pros: Boobs, knees and hair receive nice lines.
Cons: Performance sucks and more areas lack lines where they should be (Top of the toes, those red shoes have no line there).

I'm working on a brain training mobile app. This is the loading screen. I'm still battling over the font for the logo. The original (first pic) was made by Radeth Dart, but I wanted to vectorize it and I wasn't able to find the exact same font he used. I also redraw the pet character, Dr. Albright, originally drawn by Tomas, since I wasn't able to contact him. Now everything is a freely scalable vector!

Here is what it used to look like for comparison. Music is courtesy of Isaac Kolding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeidHtL6R50

vmqdeh.png

zjj8ro.png

2pp07xi.png

@Charlie That is awesome. I think Hartacon might be the single best project in this whole site.

2nuhyc4.png

The HUD isn't done yet. I think the text is way too big. The background is dynamic, not a still image. It moves sort of like pieces of cardboard paper hanging from a string. The background reflects the time of the day and the season of the year. If it's raining or snowing, it might be raining or snowing in the background.

@Juan: That artstyle reminds me of Glitch, therefore I am obligated to love it.

@Charlie: Aw yeah, Isometric stuff! Man you are all getting so good!

Me, hah... still using babby's first game engine, but I'll be going to Uni this year for game design. (that's the plan)

Here is a trailer, finished it only tonight. Figured you guys could do with something outstandingly awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAxu4A299ng

Some screenies from my latest game Womb to Tomb :) it's a game about little miss poopsies and her grand adventure through the body and into the toilet!

hJ6Oww0l.jpg

P2HIZS1l.jpg

For these screenies I am setting up the on screen HUD, which do you like best?
The plan is to not have HP, one hit and you die so the blue bar is the MP which uses up your attacks.
The small items next to the bar are equiped attacks and armor, items display next to the armor when you have them.

JmBjZVIl.jpg

UqwRS79l.jpg

In the final version only MP will be shown.

nDdUl9Kl.jpg

11/20/14: UPDATE

- HUD display
- Background
- Map name display (particles show but can't really be seen in the image)
wU5oNJ1l.jpg

Oh well if it isn't biz :P didn't think id see you here but I guess VX.net is really never coming back XD
Thanks for the feedback :P you are def. getting better at your videos that's for sure :) glad to see you are still working hard over there. Keep it up!
That space attack around 3:30 was pretty awesomely done.

This video displays the latest updates such as:

- Enemy death
- Enemy and food respawn after exiting area
- Enemy drops items
- Item use updated
- Overhead veins (testing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrcAPHifn54

I put the game up on Steam Greenlight as well as I think it has an ability to do well.

BizarreMonkey, really good stuff as always! You're a natural at making action packed trailers.
DMIgames, it looks really shitty (pun intended). It'll be interesting to watch this game develop over time.

Which programs do you guys make your videos with?

I used to use Windows Movie Maker, now I use Sony Vegas Pro some duodecimal number-- 11 or something i think??

@DMI: hah, been here since 2008, not a common poster but i do share stuff around here when i find time, i'm on VXace.net now and i'm a regular over at rpgmaker.net, too

Because this is now maximum video thread, here's one even better than the one I embedded just three posts ago!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uFsu0liUM
It's still being worked on... shhhh :0

I had some tiles made for #W2Tgame and wanted to see what you guys think, it looks different if you don't watch it in HD.

I also animated the character graphic in the corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgjCkcCNlKo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.