Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Resource icon

The Healer

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2707/healerinfosc2.png[/img]

Author's Note:

I've finally started working on this project again. I am happy to announce that I have a cohesive demo out now with about a half an hour of gameplay. There's not a lot of new content but as stated earlier, the different scenes are now connected which should enhance your gaming experience. I got a little lazy with two of the shops so they're just empty rooms right now but the characters in those rooms serve their purpose so that you can advance in the game. Well, I hope you enjoy the little demo and I'm hoping to keep things moving with this project.

NEW DEMO
This demo includes a save file for those of you who have played the first one. To use the save file, copy/paste it from the save folder into the main project folder. Please note that none of the npcs from the temple scene have dialogue yet.

Alexia - writing, eventing, recoloring, mapping

Graphics

badmonur(title)
Hydrolic(editing char)
Green Raven(editing char)
Ccoa(recolor/tileset add-ons)
Rye(tileset add-ons)
Mea(animations)
Joy(object charset)
Tana(charset/tileset)
Strawberry Quartz(charset/animations)
lunarea(char pose)
gamerage(autotile)

Scripts
sandgolem
DerVVulfman
Yeyinde
Linkin_T
Caldaron
Blizzard
Sephiroth Spawn
Raziel
Paradog
Parasite

Music/Sounds
Hiroshi Watanabe aka Blue Piano Man
5th Ave
Hannya
Partners in Rhyme
A1 Radio Sounds

Rye

If it's still early in development stages, and you say there is no need to comment, why bother posting this here to begin with?

Rye - I just needed a little more time to get things up and perhaps I shouldn't have posted it that early. I was just excited about the concept.

Honestly, this is what I wish a lot of project topics looked like. I mean, yes, screenies and such would be nice (and I'm sure will come over time), but the amount of backdrop and exposition in most project topics makes me want to gag.

This looks cool. :)

This sounds very good, Alexia. I love the short and sweet, yet revealing background information you gave. This looks very good.

Hmm. I just submitted my synopsis for the writing academy and I was going to post it after it was graded. But it seems like people like the short synopsis. Maybe I'll put the detailed one up in spoiler boxes.

I'm very excited about this game's concept. It's not about a hero who needs to save the world. I don't even really have a villain in this game. Sure, there will be some antagonists but not like a main one. This game is more about the human condition and the choices that we make. I've been having all these dialogues running through my head and I'm eager to get something more substantial.

I hate mapping so I'm patiently waiting for Kraft to help me out. I'm more interested in writing and eventing. If anyone's interested in mapping exteriors for me, along with Kraft, please let me know. I'll be mapping the interiors.

hey, this synopsis is really nice, I'm looking forward to the project!!
Hehe, and you made it to a one-page synopsis? I wonder how it ended up...

What an interesting twist on healing magic. The basic idea for your story is certainly interesting but I wonder how your gameplay will turn out.

Updated post with detailed synopsis.

@Artbane & Munkk - I'm glad you like the twist. Is it that apparent? Just out of curiosity, what do you think the twist is? As far as the gameplay goes, your guess is as good as mine, right now. To be honest, I have been working more on the story rather than the mechanics of gameplay. Hopefully, I'll be able to create a game that draws the player in with its story but is also enjoyable to play.

@Junk-Man - That's what I am aiming for. I want to create a game that will linger in people's minds long after they have finished playing it. A lofty goal, I know, but still, it's what I would like to achieve.

Well, anyway, I would love to hear feedback on what you think. I would also like to hear your ideas on what you think this game is really about.

Well there's a lot of things that could be "twists".

There's the twist on the healing power. It has more of a consequence then just MP or something. I'm pretty sure there was a Native American tribe that had the same sort of custom, but it would only be one guy for the rest of his life...he would be the recipient of the sickness and he'd be an outcast. If you haven't, maybe looking that up will give you some ideas for your story

But in your game's situation that selection is not arbitrary. It's really kind of messed up because it reeks of capital punishment (which I do not agree with) but I won't get into politics on this thread. Aria seems to continue to go along with it too, maybe she's thinking that the costs of healing are less than the benefits.

However, when you put Zayn into things, well...things can and most likely will get complicated. What does he mean he's going to save Aria from herself? Kill her? Chop off her hands? Find a better method of healing? The latter would be ideal but somehow I doubt that you're going there. It's an such an easy out that it's something that won't linger longer than 5 minutes.

It'd be horribly ironic is Zayn gets smited (for lack of a better word) by the thing he's trying to stop, if he does resort to any sort of violence as a solution, or if the healers see him as a bad guy that deserves the disease.

Anyways, the concept of the game is excellent and I can't wait for the chance to play.

Chop off her hands? That would definitely make things interesting, albeit, a little gruesome.

There's a very short demo now available on the first post.

The Demo was nice, nothing much, and the map was beautiful. I loved the child's laughter sound effect. So there's no title screen yet?

What a short demo....i was angry that I couldn't play more !

You should pu teaser instead of demo so it won't throw people off and do this mean you won't be doing All is Not Lost no more ?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.