Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
SokoVX

SokoVX

SokoVX
by Fustel
v 1.0

Presentation

Err.... Not really a real RPG... Rather a side-effect I wrote while readying myself for my 'Grand Projet', and fiddling with Events duplication.
I hope everyone heard of Sokoban. You know... that game where you get mad at pushing crates in a rat-maze-like room; only to get madder in a crazier one when you manage to put them on the right place.
So, SokoVX is that game written with RMVX.

Screenshots

Download

You can get the ZIP file there:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jvmjqdmew1u

Customization

You can change the appearence of the Sokoman by editing the Graphics/Characters/$SokoVXchar.png file

You can change the appearence of the Goal and the Box by editing the Graphics/Characters/!$SokoVXitem.png. The Goal is the first line of icons, the Box the second

You can change the appearence of the Base Tile and the Wall by editing the Graphics/System/TileE.png file. The Base Tile is the first on the first line, the Wall the second on the first line.

I even left the Title and Window files free to edit.

You can add your favorite soundtrack in the Audio/BGM directory. One of them is piched at random at the start of each level.

Collections & Levels

A collection is a text file (.txt extension) lovalted in the Levels directory. It may contain as many levels as necessary.

The collection files are subject to the following format :
Fixed Header:
6 lines.
the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th start with a ';'
the 2nd is empty
they are used for title and autoring information
Variable Header
any number of lines
they are used for comments
Header Termination
2 lines
the 1st is ' ' (2 spaces)
the 2nd is empty
Levels(any number)
Level Title
1 line
starts with a ';'
Level Data
1 line per row of tile
each character in each line represents a tile:
' ' (space) = nothing
'#' = Wall
'.' = Goal
'$' = Box
'@' = starting position
'*' = Goal + Box

'+' = Goal + starting position
Level Termination
1 line
it is empty

Knowing that, you can write your own devious levels... or download them from the web.
There are a lot of them at http://www.sourcecode.se/sokoban/levels.php. Only get them in plain text format.

It's a puzzle game where you have to slide all of the boxes onto teleport pads to complete levels.
It's harder than it sounds. @_@

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.