Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Reinstalling graphics controller....

Well, I bought factions. And it crashed, so I tried a few things, and it ended up with my graphics driver uninstalled. Anyway, I try reinstalling/updating, and it says their was an error. The error? Access denied. Can someone help me get past this error so I can get more then 4 bit colour and 800x600 resolution so I can play GW:F?

Nevermind. Fixed it. However, anyway I can get it to play GW without incident?

Yeah, that's what I want to do, see my other topic. I'd buy one right away if I knew exactly what I need, but I don't.

For Guild Wars? Anything over 128MB would do the trick just fine. I played it on a 32MB GeForce 2 for a while. Played it on a 32MB On-Board card on a computer with a faster processor/more ram at full specs even.

Then there's the fact my comp uses a graphics controller instead of a card. This could bring about a few difficulties too(I heard they were hard wired into the comp or something, and I don't want to buy a new computer just for GW).

EDIT: Nevermind my last edit, gonna be getting a 256 MB one really soon. Shouldn't have many problems with that one.

I do want to know though, are Graphic Controllers the same as Graphic cards? They shouldn't be too hard to take out, I mean, I can uninstall it, I should be able to remove it just as easily.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.