Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Project DOAD - Complete

Dead content awaiting restoration.
I may as well take the time to toss this over here as well.

"Project DOAD is a simple action based fangame based on the Touhou Series. It has elements of RPGs, but it really isn't much of one considering the extreme lack of freedom. All possible details are explained in the in game tutorial."

~~~ Story ~~~

It is the morning after a relatively wild party at the Hakurei Shrine last night, in which the resident oni, Suika Ibuki had just a bit too much to drink. Suika wakes up with a killer headache and a upset stomach, but remembers that she has errands to run for a friend. She goes to retrieve her trusty gourd. One of which holds an infinite amount of sake...

...Only to find that her gourd is missing. This wakes her up more than any medicine or alarm clock ever could. Now in a panic with nearly all rational thought nonexistant, Suika rushes off to find her precious gourd. Hilarity ensues.

~~~What people are going to look at first~~~

ix5lqh.png

~~~Download~~~

The Game: http://www.oceansdream.net/DOAD.exe
Should be standalone. I haven't gotten any complaints about it, so I'd assume it is.

The Font: http://drive.123-reg.co.uk/F/9835155-15 ... E1NjYxZWU=
Add this to your windows font folder if you don't have Perpetua

~~~General Notes and Comments~~~

- Play the tutorial stage, seriously. It explains everything and gives hands on opportunities. If you skip it and then fail to understand things, then that's on you. :|
- Don't be discouraged if you die. It's supposed to be challenging, and there is a method to every boss.
- Graze is your friend.
- Don't forget that you have a charge attack, it helps to take out groups of enemies and fills Last Spell faster.
- For stages 4 and 5...think 'pots and pillars'.

zchin

Sponsor

It looks very nice, I love the portraits, did you make them yourself? Or are they rips? Well the screenshots are so big and attention hoggers so I spent all the 8932 minutes starting at them and sadly have to go somewhere...

Thank you and have a nice day!

i've finished your game a couple of days ago and it was really challenging. I played each stage the old fashion way smashing and hiting everything i caught in sight, up to stage 5 it took me 1 to 3 continues to defeat a boss, but with remilia things where a bit diferent :sad: , whenever she did the bomb attacks, i suffered lag spikes that screwed my controls and spend over an hour learning how to beat her. Same issue with a couple of later bosses.

Now that i've played the game again today, i think the reason why remilia was so hard to beat, is because of the stage settings: the field where i can move is smaller than for other bosses and all those candles (or lights?) won't let me run on the edges :eek:uch:

What? Someone actually played and finished it? I'm surprised and impressed.

As for Remilia, and some of the other bosses in general. I tried to reduce the lag as best I can. I guess those were just my limits. If I do ever end up messing with ABS again, I'll try harder to prevent that if possible.

Thank you for playing.

I love Touhou Series! Did you add Cirno? :P
Well, the screens look pretty good. Those are hand-drawn right?

There is one other thing I can say: Dang. I can't even get past the tutorial! xD

~Pokemin

Those drawings are very cool... I like them very much. I'd love to play this but I can't until I get a working PC... Congrats on completing your game.

@Pokemin: No, Cirno is not in this game. Though she should have been the tutorial stage boss now that I think about it...too late now though!

And yes, the pictures are hand-drawn by myself. Is it really that hard? I mean...it's the tutorial! Well, just as a note, you can leave a tutorial field at any time, so if you're going to die, then leave. Though you shouldn't be dying.

@Ganstaquay5000: Thank you. :3

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.