Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Peri makes a comic. Maybe. It's about an ice world.

I figured drawing a comic is a good way to grind out art exp, so I figured I'd give it a shot. My line art is pretty terrible, and maybe practice will help. Not sure how far I'm going to go with it, but I'm drawing the first strip, anyway.

Here are some character designs to start:
Gn4sXZi.png

I suspect I may regret making them so elaborate. Anyway, I'm working on the first strip now. Will post when it's done.

I'm making a comic too to get art EXP! However, character design is stopping me. I *know* the characters, and what they look like in general, but I'm still not pleased. XD

Yes, character design is pretty rough. As it turns out, so is drawing comics. Holy fuck this took like ten million years. How do people even draw these?

BJKEE0D.png

Not sure if I'll continue or not. I have the story planned out, though.

Looks very nice! You could use something behind the text as it is hard to read on the lighter background. And have you considered writing it by hand?

If you want to continue this, would you like a web site to post this instead of just posting in forums?

Looks good! Just look at a snow posts, you seem to be living in a cold place where perennial snow, so even you draw characters wore cotton padded jacket, wearing heavy clothes......Haha, actually I have something want to vomit tank areas such as down a man in the snow is not immediately shock and death? And the snow of the torch! This is contrary to common sense ah, as if snow absorbs heat melting and then fire will not be extinguished.Well... ╮(╯_╰)╭Seems to me like a witch, you come on.

Thanks, guys! I'm glad you like it. I'll see about doing some more at some point, but updates might be slow since this was very time-consuming to make. Maybe I'll get faster with time, idk.

@meustrus: Yeah, good call about the text background. I'll do that. I have not considered writing it by hand because my handwriting isn't super great. As for a website, eh, I might make one eventually if I commit to doing this, but I'm not sure how far I'm going to go with it. We'll see. I think it would be premature right now.

@Allen: This is actually a story I started a while ago but didn't do anything with, but yeah, the ridiculous weather we've had recently probably made me think of it again, haha. As far as falling in the snow goes, the clothes are really thick, so I think it would be fine. And the firepillar is magic, which is how it continues to burn in the snow.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.