Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Party Changing Script

smrpg

Hey. I'm using ccoa's Side View CBS script and everything works fine except for when I'm in a battle I can see more than 4 battlers, but only 4 people are actually able to battle. How do I get rid of the people who aren't actually battling?

Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/sm_rpg/somethingwrong.jpg

Basically I have 4 people battling, I only want 4 people battling, but there appears to be 2 extra people who don't even get to attack, they're just there and I want them gone.

Thanks! I hope this makes sense.

Hey, this is awesome! But I'm having a problem with forcing a player to be in the party. I can't figure out how to get your add-on to work.

Here's the situation: in my game you start off with just one member, and he is in the party the WHOLE time, he never leaves. He is the first actor in the database if that means anything.

I want it so that he cannot be moved from the first slot in the party. It would be great if you couldn't even select him like the others while rearranging your party.

Also, how can I get this working with RTAB? I want it so that 4 is the maximum party size in battle, you can't change members during battle, and you get game over when those 4 members are dead.

Thx Fomar!

Ok you take the original script and put it into your scripts then below it, copy the add-on then in the add-on find the line:
Code:
@locked = [8]
And change it to:
Code:
@locked = [1]
And as for the RTAB, honestly I can't remember, your best bet is to see if anyone else asked the same question in the topic.

I did that and it was giving me an error on line 30 or something when I would exit out of the menu.

I didn't see any mention of RTAB. People mentioned a couple other battle systems though.

Bump.

It's not giving me the error anymore...how embarrassing--I was going off a loaded game where all the members were already in the party.  But I tried removing all of them on the saved game then adding them again, but it still gave me the error.  But when I started a new game it worked fine.

BUT, I'd like to make a request.  Could you make it so you can't even switch the locked member's spot?  I would like it if the moment you click on Damian (the guy who's locked), it would just make an error noise or something.  As opposed to letting you switch him out, but just not letting you out of the menu until he is in the party.

Also, it's kind of necessary that Damian can't be switched out of the first spot in the party...is this possible?  I want him always at the top of the list.

Bump [Help me!]

Okay I am sorry.  Go ahead and flame me, I AM a noob and I'm aware of it.  I'm having SO much trouble getting this to all work together.  I have read every single post of this thread, and I looked on the Large Party topic too.

The main problem right now is the compatibility with RTAB.  But basically here is what I want out of this script, someone help this idiot out:
1. The party changing script

2. I want it to work flawlessly with RTAB.  It completely messes up RTAB.  I can see half of the first member, and half of the fifth member.  I want only FOUR members allowed in the active, battling party.  Also, I can just keep picking a command and nothing happens.

3. I want to be able to control the amount of XP non-active members get.

4. I want it so that Damian, the first hero in the database, and the first member you get, who never leaves the party...I want it so that Damian can NOT be moved from his first spot in the party, ever.

I'm sorry I'm such a bother.  But it's really confusing when all these patches and stuff are thrown around in random spots throughout the thread, and some are even in a whole other thread.  Maybe the first post should be updated with all the little fixes Fomar has done?

It's not like I haven't tried, so don't flame me for that.  You can certainly flame me for being an idiot if you wish though  :P

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.