Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

No F12

Status
Not open for further replies.
No F12
Version: 1.0

Introduction

This script disables the annoying button F12, which causes a few potential problems with scripts (Mainly with Aliasing and Stack Errors).

Screenshots

Ok Remove the F12 Key from your keyboard and then look at your keyboard, there is your screenshot

Demo

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=942

Script

The Families like the F12 button DON'T RUIN IT FOR THEM

Instructions

Just Add Above main and below SDK note the changes in main, since I couldn't totally disable the effect the code in main makes it so that if the button is pressed before Scene_Title is loaded the Game Exits (pretty nifty?)

FAQ

Awaiting question

Compatibility

Requires SDK Parts I and III

Credits and Thanks

Me for the discovery that when F12 is pressed it Raises the Reset Exception
Yeyinde for being... Yeyinde :)

Author's Notes

Discovered when I was coding another script.
Enjoy

This is your best script work to-date, Trickster. I'm sure that many people will love this!

(And thanks for that Credits/Thanks ;P)

Make my happy aass download a demo to a code that better not be more than 10 lines...

You got lucky. If it wasn't for those damn families...

Must... update... SDK... and... MACL...

And good work Yeyinde. Trickster really does need all the help he can get.

Most ingenious! I'll have to use this right away!

@Ghost Hunter: Update to 2.2, it should cause conflicts if you use the patch for 1.5

alexanderpas;215833 said:
hmmm... make this script part of the SDK... and that solves the problem, no more deleting of all scenes. ;)

Actually A Fix for that was posted in the SDK topic yesterday :p

and thanks everyone for your replies I hope you find this useful

It's about time someone figured out how to do this. ;)

I only asked for it, like, 2 months ago. Now, if only there were a way to disable F1, F2, and Alt+Enter without decompressing and editing the rgssdll.... Oh well.

Thanks Trickster.

P.S.: Here's a question, What if, instead of disabling it, You wanted it to "Quit to Title" like in Scene_End#command_to_title? How would you do that? Would you replace line 38: "# Do Absolutely Nothing about it[/FONT]" with the appropriate code?

DraycosGoldaryn;216218 said:
It's about time someone figured out how to do this. ;)

I only asked for it, like, 2 months ago. Now, if only there were a way to disable F1, F2, and Alt+Enter without decompressing and editing the rgssdll.... Oh well.

Thanks Trickster.

P.S.: Here's a question, What if, instead of disabling it, You wanted it to "Quit to Title" like in Scene_End#command_to_title? How would you do that? Would you replace line 38: "# Do Absolutely Nothing about it[/FONT]" with the appropriate code?

Hmm I think it would be

$scene = Scene_Title.new

Well F1 and F2 don't cause any Exceptions that I know of :-/

Unrivaledneo;216299 said:
Well when i said there was a F12 bug i did not think u just erase it all together, but good idea!

Thanks

could someone repost the script / demo (if this is real... it sounds fake...) because with the new website update the demo file no longer exists

(Why the hell would it be fake? It's by Trickster!)

F12, when pressed, reloads the game from the start.

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but if Trickster wants me to remove it, just ask and I will promto.

Code:
#==============================================================================
# â—

Akinari":dqg6yaql said:
I think he does that to stop the PK users from getting it that easily, Wyatt.

What do you mean by that?
I checked this script out it is pointless.
All it does is make you freeze and rises FPS if you press F12.
I am aware that if you press F12 you go to title too. This stops it, but not in battle.

mawk

Sponsor

Dude, read the first post. It's not universally necessary; it disables the button in case you're using scripts that glitch if the button's pressed. If your game doesn't freeze when you hit F12, then you don't need this. If it does, then this is incredibly convenient.

And it means that Trickster didn't include the script right on the front page to keep people using the illegal Postality Knights version from getting it so easily. I'm not sure if it's that huge a deterrent, since I have no idea how the PK version operates, but since Trickster's a script wizard I assume he knows what he's doing.

Ah I see, sorry about that. I was just thinking that, because when you press it everything freezes.
Then when you release it, everything unfreezes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.