Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mouse Input Module (Revised)

Astro_mech's is the mother of all mouse modules. You'll probably able to use his window classes with this input module, as long as you make sure the global variable used is the same in both scripts.

To DraycosGoldaryn:
Didn't think about the Window Resolution script, and thanks for the heads up on that piece of script. Works based on the whole map and not just the current 15x20 window tile area, eh? Nice.

To Syvkal:
Hey, pal. Long time no hear. Never seen Astro_Mech's system. Got me curious.

To rataime:
Trying to avoid $globals to conserve on resources. (Hi Yeyinde... if you're there ;)). But you've probably seen I try to make things compatible, even without the SDK and such.

Technically, a module instance variable is just a global variable, as it is universally accessible and never garbage-collected...

Ahh... barely. More like a reposting of Near's old system.

In truth... if you're really interested in mouse systems... I recommend mixing a few mouse systems available in this forum.

I recommend checking out Mr.Mo's for speed, Lambchop's Simple Mouse for menu features and ease of use, Behemoth's for enhancements and this version for other features by Near Fantastica (if you want point-n-click pathfinding).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.