Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Liquid's writing again

So, this is something I wrote over the past year.
It's currently at hiatus and at nearly 2 full chapters, but I want to know what people think.
(that, and to see if I made horrible grammer errors etc, as me being Dutch)

Title: Dimension Warp (working title)

Wake up, wake up boy! Huh, where am I? The last thing I remember is that I was walking home from work, listening to music. If you don’t hurry, I’ll help you get up. I was looking up to a short, tanned woman talking in language I didn’t recognise. “Who are you and what’s with the gibberish?” What? What manner of speaking is that? Whatever, we’ve got to move. You’ve been here for 3 days now and the elder is waiting to talk to you, now that you’ve awoken. The woman was now reaching out to me, trying to get me to stand up. “What the fuck are you trying to do?!”, and I slapped her hand away. But she suddenly looked scared, as if she’s seen a ghost. There is a demon? What do you mean, there is a demon?, she said with a whispering voice, fear written on her face. I could do nothing but to look back at her, unfamiliar with what she just said. Slowly her face turned more serious, but I can’t remember much more beyond that. I must have passed out again.

My name is Clive Brannus, 24 years old and I work at the local gas stop. It actually all began one day after work. It was near 6 in the morning as I just finished the night shift and was on my way home. At home I live with my mom and my little sister. My dad technically lives there as well, but he’s mostly away on business. I’m currently saving money so I can leave the motherly home, but that is not going all to fast. But I’ve only been saving money since December last year, so that was to be expected. It isn’t the fact that I don’t like it at home, it’s the exact opposite. It’s just that I want to have a place for my own. But I’m starting to drift off, lets get back to the story. The day at work was a normal, slow day and nothing really special happened. The local shoplifter, this bum called Marron, was present this night. But when I caught him red handed, again, he just up and left the store, talking to himself. He’s a nice guy, but he is quite persistent. This one time, when I let him steal on purpose because I felt that he needed some kind of reward after trying so hard all this time, my boss got really angry at me. “Just take it out of my paycheck, its only a box of tissues”. He was spouting that I didn’t get the point, but he reasoned with me and did take it out of my paycheck. Nowadays I just keep my eye on him and make sure he doesn’t steal anymore. Just to avoid the argument. But every now and then I sneak some of my lunch out and share it with him. In return he told me some marvelous stories about a land he claimed he’d has been, but it must be his imagination. His stories are nice to listen to though. He’s a great story teller, shame he smells like a cows behind, because I think he would do great telling these stories in a crowd.

When my colleague arrived at the scene, later than scheduled, I grabbed my gear and a coke and went outside. During the walk home nothing weird happened. It was the route I walk every day, headphones on my head, listening to the music I listen to every day. Problem was, the battery died halfway down the road as I forgot to recharge it. Just let out a sigh, said “Great” to myself and I kept on going. After a short while I thought I heard a noise, but when I took the headphones of, no particular sounds stood out. Just cars driving in the background and a dog barking in the back of an ally. When I put back the headphones it started to go louder. Then it started to sound familiar so I thought my battery suddenly worked again. The mp3 player did do that before, so it didn’t alert me at the time. But after some soothing ritual like music, there was a small song starting in the back. In the voice of a young girl it sang in words foreign to me. During this the voice of an elderly man started singing as well. Oh little wanderer seeking new faith. Join us here in this holy land. A sudden sharp pain hit me in the ear and that was when I blacked out. When I woke up I saw the tanned women, the rest you know.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.