Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Homepage Redesign

Hi guys,

Here's what I have so far in terms of a redesign of the homepage (it's really just shifting things around).

https://i.imgur.com/QE7R5mR.png

I've redacted the name HBGames so I could share it with some friends for feedback.

Don't take too much notice of the fonts, placement or text.

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

Looks good. Keep up the excellent work. I dunno what to do with the extra space either. Gotta put something there...

Alright, I'm happy with this I think.

If anyone has any ideas for changes or improvements in future let me know, but for now I think it's pretty much done.

I'm happy with game pages now, but now Blogs need a boost.

Blogs are just a collation of anything you post in the Development Blogs board, which includes anything you tag to your game using the orange + button, but you can also post whatever you like in there and it'll collate to your blog roll.

Thing is a blog roll is just a gerrymandered forum Search, so it isn't exactly pretty.

Some theming work to be done, for one, to get them looking nice.

On top of that though I want to encourage the use of hear blogs over say the "what are you working on" thread. Mainly because in a thread everything is stuck in one place. In a blog, you can comment on a each individual post which is neat.

You can view blogs as a board, so see anything anyone posts, or view them as individual user blogs, so just see what that user posts.

Importantly they also get sent to the homepage, so we can see what you're posting about.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.