Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [Game] RJ's Adventure

Dead content awaiting restoration.
I made this game when I was learning how to use RPG Maker 2003. It uses the RTP in all cases except for the tileset on the worldmap, which is from FFVI/III and the battle backgrounds which are from FF games as well. It is just a simple, get items and rescue the princess story with a bonus island with high-level battles available after beating the boss.

Screenshots
TitleScreen.png

World1.png

Battle1.png

Town.png

Pub.png

Pub2.png

Soldier.png

Battle2.png

Fairy.png

World2.png

Boss1.png

Boss2.png

World3.png

Battle3.png

Any input is welcome, but will not change anything seeing as how I no longer have RM2003 and will being working with XP or VX in the future. The download includes the screenshots and a walkthrough. Enjoy

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JIKOALRK

gRaViJa":2bxrd52v said:
All I want to say right now is that i see many mistakes in the mapping.

Well, I wasn't trying very hard to be honest, except on the world map, but I would love input into improvements that could have been made. I will be making more games, of a much higher quality (I hope) and I am here to learn.

honestly bro this game looks fucking awesome.

this looks like your classic rm2k3 game which gives me a serious nostalgia hardon. most people's early games looked a lot like this one, but the difference is that nobody ever finishes them. it's great that you have a completed game under your belt, even if it shows lots of signs of FIRSTGAMESYNDROME but really that's ok.

i doubt many people are gonna download or play it, and around here we usually see games with a bit more polish, so brace yourself for some negative crits. but take them with stride and apply what you learn for your future game. since you do have a finished game it proves that you have the drive and that's fucking awesome bro and nobody can ever take that away.

good luck dude. :cheers:

lucht pecht":3afidkv0 said:
honestly bro this game looks fucking awesome.

this looks like your classic rm2k3 game which gives me a serious nostalgia hardon. most people's early games looked a lot like this one, but the difference is that nobody ever finishes them. it's great that you have a completed game under your belt, even if it shows lots of signs of FIRSTGAMESYNDROME but really that's ok.

i doubt many people are gonna download or play it, and around here we usually see games with a bit more polish, so brace yourself for some negative crits. but take them with stride and apply what you learn for your future game. since you do have a finished game it proves that you have the drive and that's fucking awesome bro and nobody can ever take that away.

good luck dude. :cheers:

Thanks for the encouragement, I really knocked this out in a week to win the bet with RJ and learn the program, at which point, I moved on to my big dream project. Sadly, I no longer have RM2k3, and even if I did, I believe I can't run it on windows 7 anyway, so I'll be making more quick little games with XP and VX to figure out which one I want to use for my dream project. (Unless I can recover my progress on 2003)

Wow triple post a few minutes after each other :P. Urm, you don't need a new post for each answer. Just fyi. Theres not really much point criticing this, because its not eactly a serious game if it was 'knocked out in a week', but I thought I'd mention that theres a couple of RM2k3 hacks and rewritten programs like here for example if you're interested in RM2k3 development.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.