Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Game Eleven

Dead content awaiting restoration.

Star

Sponsor

Hello. This is my first game. I bet a few of you have seen me around here or not. Otherwise. I've been a member for at least a year T_T. I've taken so long to actually come up with a product for my resolve. Well. I hope you will like it. *gulp*

[Game] - "Game Eleven"
Creator - "StarGGundam2"
Game Eleven V1.2 Download Link
OLDER VERSION Game Eleven Download Link

Don't have RPG Maker XP? Download here
Status - Version 1.2 Completed

Type of Game: "Mystery, Action, Puzzle"
Fighting System: "XAS Action Battle System"
Average Game Length: "30-40" (Lots of Extras and replays)

Main Character - "Shirley"
Age - "Unknown"
Sprite -
Star3.png
Faceset -
Star121.png
Bio - Shirley was but a simple girl who found herself in a mysterious place she halfway remembered. Unknown to her true identity and purpose, she makes an appearance as the main character of Game Eleven. She is energetic, curious and most of all caring.

Side Character - "Scotty"
Age - About 12
Bio - A young boy who has a sister named Nikki. His father worked for the mysterious Doctor Shoaltz. Then one day his father was turned on and the gang kidnapped his son and daughter in his own hideout. Scotty has been trapped in the safe room for weeks without hope of rescue.

Side Character - "Nikki"
Age - About 10
Bio - A young girl who is Scotty's younger sister. Her father worked for the mysterious Doctor Shoaltz. Then one day her father was turned on and the gang kidnapped his son and daughter in his own hideout. Nikki has been trapped in the safe room for weeks without hope of rescue.

Game Plot - The main purpose of the game is set on finding a way to rescue the children from the safe room. At the beginning of the story the main character is unknown to her destiny involved in this plot. But after working a few things out you should be able to rescue both of the children and escape the compound in a vehicle parked in the Safe House Garage.

Screenshots -
GameEleven01.jpg
GameEleven02.jpg
GameEleven03.jpg
GameEleven04.jpg
GameEleven05.jpg

Credits -
[ Xiderowg ] XAS Action Battle System
[ Moghunter ] Menu Scripts and XAS Add-ons
[ Selwyn/Squall ] Map Script
[ BlueScope ] Hero Name Edit Script
[ CyperSam ] Keyboard Input Script
[ The Sleeping Leonhart ] Panorama Mover
[ Ceru ] Sprites and Tilesets
[ Venetia ] Sprites and Tilesets - A big help
[ Land Of Shadows ] Sprites and Tilesets
[ The Muffin Man ] Beta Tester

First of, you provide TOO LITTLE plot information for me to comment on, therefore, I wouldn't want to download it.

And for me, 10 and 12 is way to young to do anything.

Btw, no offense but I really don't see anything other than screenies.

I can't make any sense out of this game. Very early in the game Shirley comments about there being a guard and not having any means of fighting back. I have no idea however why Shirley thinks the guard is hostile and why she doesn't turn back if she thinks people will try to kill her. The non hostile guards doesn't make any sense either.

Guard: Password please!
Shirley: (Gives him the wrong password.)
Guard: Wrong password. Please try again.

Shouldn't he raise the alarm or something?

I got the feeling that the game is supposed to be full of mysteries. However, when something doesn't seem to make any sense, the player needs to feel confident that is because she/he doesn't know something yet and not because the game is full of plot-holes.

The mapping is also rather bad. You made one of the most common errors, making to big indoor maps. You battle system may require room for the character to dodge guards, but it does look weird when a bar is big enough to host a soccer game.

On the positive side, I did like the atmosphere you painted.

Star

Sponsor

Crystalgate":ohp0mb85 said:
Shouldn't he raise the alarm or something?
He's actually an undercover good guy.

Yeah. The maps are pretty huge. Lol. Soccer game. Anyway, Sometimes you don't see these things until people show you.

As for the other guy. The 10 and 12 year old characters are not playable characters

And don't comment if you don't want to comment. Fair as that

mawk

Sponsor

your outdoor maps are pretty good, but your indoor ones really aren't. you waste a lot of space, for one thing -- I know it's an action game, but that doesn't mean everything has to be big and open like an arena. you can free up space to move without making a place huge and empty, and there's always a little extra challenge in heeding to fight in close quarters anyway. I also don't like how you use the darker floor tiles to suggest shadow, mainly because that's not how shadows work. walls don't cast shadows relative to the rest of the room, and the tables already have shadows built in to the tiles -- you don't need to add shadow yourself, especially not a pool of shadow that's larger than the table.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.