Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Tale of Exile

[FULL] Tale of Exile

Hello!
I’d like to introduce the Tale of Exile project created by me. I assume the project will cover about 3 to 4 acts with 3 to 4 episodes each. As of today, Act 1 is available in Polish and English language versions. Act 2 is currently being created. The entire ToE project has been developed for a few years, undergoing numerous changes in graphics, sound, script and even the plot. The current version of the game is nothing like the initial one, having only the same title. Those of you who are interested in the history of the project may look it up on the game website in the section “About the game”.
You will find detailed info, screens, game and resource download on the following website:
http://toe.tsukuru.pl/?lang=eng

However, let me give you some of the details right here.
CBS – Tactical / turn-based. Reasonable opponent AI, their boosted stats however will not make it easy for the player to win. There is a number of options and many factors influencing attack strength, chances of a successful hit and counter strikes.
CMS – Picture-based. Each item has its own graphics and detailed description. Many stats and options.

Individual experience-raising system. Experience Points (EP) are gained through battles and missions. The points increase the character’s Lv, Hp, Mp according to his or her predispositions which were chosen at the beginning (1-10 points – physical/mental strength). Additionally, there are Skill Points (SkP) to be gained and distributed to the properties chosen by you. The character can learn new skills from Masters… I’m also thinking of introducing different professions.

Weapon upgrade and weapon Lv increase – the character can upgrade weapons at Blacksmiths, whom they have to pay and deliver specific minerals (M)

Map – that’s rather obvious…

You can download the game from two sites the official game website site http://toe.tsukuru.pl/?lang=eng and the biggest RPG Maker website in Poland http://www.tsukuru.pl. NOTE - in order to download the English version, you must enter the English version of Tale of Exile website.
I am counting on your opinions. ;)

Screens:

menuang.jpg
screen%20ang1.jpg

obr2_mini%20gra%20w%20karty.jpg
angfight.jpg

eng17.jpg
eng20.jpg

eng1.jpg
eng7.jpg

My regards

im tetsuuya numerra":24jjnals said:
is that the card game from final fantasy 8

other than that this looks pretty solid!
Yup.That is triple triad just like in ff8. I liked this mini game so much, that I make it in my game to.

The game is more interesting. I recommend to check. ^^'
Regards

Nolund

Sponsor

I came across this when I first saw you posted it, and have been meaning to try it. I'll likely download it tonight and give you some feedback.

Looks good from the screens though. Nice work.

I am pleased that the first impression is positive. Nothing gives more motivation:) . I'm working on Act 2 in Polish, if there's a lot of interest of the English version, i will to translate it as the first act. For now, I look forward to your feedback. 4ever :)

Azrei

hmm this look very interesting. I'm also quite fond of that ff8 card game :D. so I think I'm going to give this game a try after I finish playing the one that I'm still playing :P. so for now I think I'm going to download the english version for the time when I'm ready to play it :)

I played the game and it showed quite a bit of promise. Unfortunately, it's a really slow game.

The starting town is rather big and you have to find a lot of people on various places to progress the plot. Despite the directions, quite a bit of time was spent getting lost.

Combat is also slow. You get 8 AP and attacking costs 2. Unless I missed something, there's no way of quickly using another attack, you have to navigate the menu every time. In Dragon Quarters you also used several attacks in one turn, but you could easily launch additional attacks with a single button press. Having to start the menu process over for every attack is everything but fun.

I selected the fastest text speed, but during cutscenes the game would quite often change speed to ultra slow. It didn't seem to me there was other things going on which had to be resolved before you could progress to the next message box, text even slowed down when everyone was standing still and nothing was going on besides the talking.

It's to bad since I can see a lot of effort was put into this game.

Nolund

Sponsor

I have to agree with Crystalgate on a lot of things.

I played your game, and believe you me, I am nothing short of impressed. The amount of time and effort that seems to be put in this game is nothing short of remarkable. Kudos to you for that.

But like Crystal, I have found that the game has gone perhaps a little slow. Having never played before, I decided to view the intro, and I found that I could not even skip through text (and as a fast reader I found myself waiting a while). I'm not sure how much time that I spent viewing said intro, but it was a lot more than I am used to.

I, too, have found myself getting lost in that starting town. In fact, getting to the Mayor took me half of the time I spent on the game, having no real direction (and no money for a map). That was really the only thing I found so far that took me a while. I made it into the sewers though and my first battle was against about 6 opponents. I tried the first time, thinking that it would be like most games, a simply battle, but I found that I died before my second turn. Granted, I was also using the starting equipment, so that might be the case.

I had to put Linux on my laptop due to a virus on my Windows partition, so I will end up having to restart this game. But I think that there is some real promise here, and I will redownload it when I am able to. I love the mapping, and I can only imagine how many hours were put into this.

Aside from the slowness (and hopefully it picks up) there is so much to enjoy about this game, so I hope that you continue with this project.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.