Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [Full Game] 'The House'

Dead content awaiting restoration.

mawk

Sponsor

Ergh, I haven't hd a chance to play and beat it again. Found your tribute to Venetia, though. Fun times.

It makes me anxious to make a secret OOC place of my own; I'd go crazy-go-nuts! And probably reference Earthbound again, like I already have umpteen times. XD

When I do, I promise I'll try to do it with the sound up and stop being such a BIG STUPID SISSYPANTS. It'd only do your game justice, yano?

Rare

Hah, yeah. :) You REALLY have to run that hallway scene with the speakers at full volume. Oh the fun.

Just wanted to tell you guys, House 2 will be up in about one weeks time!

I really think you guys are going to like what I have in store.

(Here I am psyching you guys up when its probably crap :P)

s-19

Just played your game. I thought it was pretty cool, sound affects and cut scenes make the game great.  I can’t wait to play “The house 2â€

Warning: Minor spoilers
In the credits you refered to the game as your "Joke of a game". Frankly, I don't think that's the case at all. It had a nice storyline; and except for a few passability issues and the fact you can get two eletrical fuses gameplay was good. You did a good job on maintaining the creepy factor, those... things walking around screaming and laughing caught me off guard time and time again. Took me a good half hour to finish. But if you decide to do something similar to the spike puzzle in The House 2, I recomend making the room smaller. The room lagged like heck. I can't wait for "The House 2" to come out; you can be sure I'll be one of it's many players.

Rare

Thanks for the play!  I will be sure to fix many of the bugs and problems in the next game.

As a side note, 'House 2' has been put on hold due to my busy pre-xmas schedule.

Sorry for the let down!  The game should be done in about a week, if not after Christmas.

Lucky 7":336yo0ys said:
But if you decide to do something similar to the spike puzzle in The House 2, I recomend making the room smaller. The room lagged like heck. I can't wait for "The House 2" to come out; you can be sure I'll be one of it's many players.

Or Elias could use a powerful anti-lag script.

Rare

I actually am using an Anti Lag script...it's the one by Fozt (however you spell his name).

Anyway, a really cool person named Lucky7 decided he loved my game so much he would make a walkthrough for it!

Here is the link to the walkthrough:
http://www.speedyshare.com/712877950.html

It's incredibly awesome, in my opinion.  Thanks again Lucky7!

It was no problem, dude. I really enjoy writing walkthroughs for short games like The House. Hopefully it'll help the people who are stuck in the game. If you're having problems veiwing the soulution of the spike puzzle, highlight the chart and change the font to Courier New.

When making the sequel, please put it through a decent amount of testing to fix the bugs before releasing it.  The first game was, to put it bluntly, so full of bugs that I couldn't give a more than 2 out of 5 rating.

Rare

JesseG88":xiwotya7 said:
When making the sequel, please put it through a decent amount of testing to fix the bugs before releasing it.  The first game was, to put it bluntly, so full of bugs that I couldn't give a more than 2 out of 5 rating.

Already been planned for.  Thanks for the feedback!

If you get 0hp on the spikes before pushing the bookshelf you don't get gameover until the bookshelf is pushed.

Is this a glitch?

EDIT:
And maybe you should rename the character Alexus to David on the menu and remove the bronze items he wields and wears

Rare

LOL I was wondering when someone would notice that.

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions.  I can assure House 2 will not be this sloppy and annoying concerning bugs.

Ps.  That IS a glitch.

Akkrin

the game was pretty good.
when you get to the crypt, after you get the attic key and leave if you go back in you can't get out.  Really frustrating because I had to start over when that happened

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.