Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Fantasy on Mothers' Day

[Full Game]Fantasy on Mother's Day

Logo_4.png

Presented by Winter Ivy Games.

Story:

You are a 14 years old girl who lives in a small, peaceful village called Lilycup. As Mother's Day was approaching, you had no idea that it was so close although you wanted to give a special present to your mother. And when you remember, things go so different from you had expected. Little did you know, that fantasy and magic had to do with you more than you know...

Characters:

Selena1.png
You:
The main character who you get to choose her name. You are 14 years old with a happy, pretty personality. You are loved by everyone in Lilycup, but like everyone you have your faults. You were always fond of magical fairytales and myths.

Aeris1.png
Aeris:
One of your best and closest friends. Aeris is a cheerful girl with a playful personality. She can be naughty sometimes but it's all in her favor. Despite being so carefree, she likes to do most of the work and adores going out.

Farah1.png
Farah:
Aeris's sister and your second best friend. Farah is 16 years old, older than you and Aeris. She has a more mature personality and is usually quiet and shy. She likes being to close to her mother, thus always remembering about Mother's Day and her birthday.

Screenshots:

S1.PNG

S2.PNG

S3.PNG

Features:

- Super Simple Journal to keep aware of your quests.
- Cosmetic fogs and lighting.
- Changeable title screen- each time you open the game, the title will be different.

Simple Notes:

1- The game is cliched and maybe illogical at times, but remember this is all fantasy and magic. ;D

2- I might try to get some original music and graphics for this game if I ever get able to.

Download Link:

Download me - 14.15 MB

Enjoy~

Although the mapping looks cool, why using names like "You" or "Aeris"??

Looks like a good project, but I think you should think of another name for the second character at least...

Cheers

Well i as i was playing the game. i noticed a small error, when you speak to peter "YOU"'s name box is wrong because you missed out a ] . But other than that it was good, i love the graphics.

I will be playing more later and if i see anymore errors il let you know.

-LegacyX-

@Mark: "You" to identify the to-be-named player. I see no holder for that. And is there anything wrong with "Aeris"? o-o

@LG: Oops, sorry. xD I'll try to fix that.

@Kiku: The credits are inside the game, after finishing it. I wouldn't miss something like that. ^^

Love":2m0kfwg2 said:
@Mark: "You" to identify the to-be-named player. I see no holder for that. And is there anything wrong with "Aeris"? o-o

@Kiku: The credits are inside the game, after finishing it. I wouldn't miss something like that. ^^

There's nothing wrong with Aeris name... In fact, I'm a huge fan of FFVII. But that's the thing... How can I put it, there's only one Aeris. Fans will always associate that name to a mediatic Final Fantasy character. It's like I name my main character Zack (common and very used name, but nowadays Zack is always associated to the FFVII hero.)

I can suggest you nice female names if you want.

Cheers!

MaRkNemesis":irxylv3r said:
Love":irxylv3r said:

There's nothing wrong with Aeris name... In fact, I'm a huge fan of FFVII. But that's the thing... How can I put it, there's only one Aeris. Fans will always associate that name to a mediatic Final Fantasy character. It's like I name my main character Zack (common and very used name, but nowadays Zack is always associated to the FFVII hero.)

I can suggest you nice female names if you want.

Cheers!

lol Thanks, but the strange thing is, that I didn't know that Aeris is a FFVII character. xD I never tried out FFVII to be honest. I remember reading the name somewhere and liking it. If you see it as a bad idea, though, feel free to suggest any names. ;)

Hehe, got it. The name "Aeris" is all over the Internet. x)

Here they are, some names:

Mia, Iris, Rafa, Luz, Mira, Halle, Evie, Kat, Silver, Vela, Lua, Luna, Vida, Tess, Niza, Reza, Rio.

Cheers!

I think you should give the main character a default name. Looks good though, I'm downloading it right now.

EDIT: Played it. I take back the default name thing, I see why you did that now. I thought the mapping was really, really good, but I stopped playing it because it's a little too mooshy gooshy girly for me. And I got bored.

Haha, that is ok. ^^ It may not be your type. The game was to take a rest from the usual fighting and adventure games. I wanted to serve a new type. <3

I am glad you thought the mapping was good though. ^^

Here is something you need to check:
-Every time you exit a house it will just hang there a little and when it is hanging you can move around..
-When you enter the house of aeris and farah their mother says they are in the backyard, you exit and you can move freely for a little while than suddenly a exclamation mark sign thing comes out and you will just move down.. I was stuck there.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.