Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [FULL] Battle Of Britain [GM]

Dead content awaiting restoration.
BATTLE OF BRITAIN
SCROLLING SHOOTER

Background

This is my first Uni project and basically is supposed to display our ability to follow tutorials... lol. It's based on a tutorial found on Yoyogames (credits = F1 ingame), but largely my own shits too.

It's quite short... two levels, three difficulty modes, two countries to play as.

Modes

Britain: Easy mode
Germany: Hard mode

British planes are camouflaged (i.e. green) so playing as Britain is easier!

Easy: (relatively) slow speed; only bombers shoot
Medium: some planes can fire, faster speed
Hard: Fastest speed, most planes can fire, some planes can fire heat-seeking ballistics

Planes

There are two planes - fighters and bombers.

Fighters: some never shoot, some shoot straight, some shoot heat-seaking
Bombers: all shoot heat-seaking, larger so easier to target but easier to crash into

Rules

Crash into any plane and you lose health.
Get shot and you lose health.
Gun down a factory and you gain a life.
Health reaches zero and you lose a life.

Download link

http://bb.xieke.com/files/bobwar.zip

;o

If enough people like it I might work on the graphics and add new levels and such. But for the purposes of my Uni assignment graphics were not an aim nor a need, as we're supposed to be doing the background work. I.e. let the artists be artists and the programmers be programmers.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.