Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Extreme Fishing

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Extreme Fishing

Kill fishes to acquire meat and please Poseidon. Swim among dangerous spikes and mines in search for bigger preys, and destroy every single creature that dares to surge between you and the glory. Charge your energy and unleash devastating combos to guarantee that nothing will escape your wrath!

- Frenetic action!
- Become the best of the world on the online highscores!
- Punk Piranhas! Clown Fishes! Nazi Sharks! Eight different and unique fishes to annihilate!
- Use harpoons, lasers and even torpedos! 31 combos available!
- Original soundtrack created by @harielz!

CLICK FOR DOWNLOAD!
An update will be released soon with new features and a more balanced difficulty. Keep tuned!

FAQ

Q: "Extreme Fishing"? What is this?
A: It's a game I created with Harievilozanini at the Mini Ludum Dare #24 competition. Theme was "Fishing", with "two action buttons" and "audio is our own voice" as limitations. In 48 hours, a lot of sweat, blood and bacon were required to create this freak!

Q: Wha...?! The game is too hard!!
A: No shit, matey! This is extreme fishing, and only the most hardcore fishermen will survive!

Q: Okay but... it's really, really hard! I can't get past ___!
A: Grr... Get out of the sea, ya hear?! It's no place for pussies!

Q: How do I use combos?
A: Hold Z button and press (or hold) X to activate combos. Keep pressing (or holding) the X button to add Combo pieces. One button press (represented as an "X") requires one Combo Meter, and one button hold (represented as an "--") requires two Combo Meters! Try different combo patterns!

Q: Those blue fishes are annoying? How do I deal with them?
A: Kill those Gentlefishes FAST! When they get too close they are a pain in the ass! Keep shooting harpoons at them and ignore other fishes until they're dead meat!

Q: I keep throwing harpoons at the first boss but nothing happens! What am I doing wrong?
A: Are you stupid?! Attacking his shield won't do anything - aim at his eyes! That big boy's strong, though, so spam your combos to take the advantage!

Q: Dude, are those highscores even possible to reach?
A: Of course, crap-pants! The game goes on forever, so stay safe and get as much meat as you can!

Q: When will the next version be released?
A: It'll be released next month!

Any problems? Comments? Got frustrated? Leave a message, we wanna hear your screams! :biggrin:

ahahah man i love this, simple and easy, and it does the job
i especially like the background music and thememusic shit.
i mean, it doesnt sound good, but it's funny and adds a lot to the atmosphere

it even has some kind of scoring system online?
what did you use to make this?
could you not implement this in a browser?

we need more games like this!

btw my highscore so far is 4.00 kg, im going to try to get a topscore.

The game is definitely really cute. The title music made me laugh and the background music is again really cute.

Oh man the scoring system online is a really cool idea.

I really like the fact that you used GM you dont see a lot of that around here.
Also its super simple like you said but i think that is what makes it kind of fun.

Man good job in making this in 48 hours too.

Also my highscore was a measly 6.8 or something around those lines. :c

This is great!

Bacon don't fret you beat my highscore by a few. It would seem I am not the world's most profficient fisher.

Thanks, everyone! :wink:

it even has some kind of scoring system online?
what did you use to make this?
could you not implement this in a browser?
Yep! It's a simple MySQL database that stores the scores, and the game retrieves them using PHP scripts.
It could be shown on a website too, but I'm waiting until we got an official page to try that.

I really like the fact that you used GM you dont see a lot of that around here.
Indeed! It's a shame, though, GM is quite powerful! =)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.