Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Eling: First Dimension

Eling: First Dimension

Eling_First_Dimension_header_2.png

DOWNLOAD

Instruction Manual

Experience something unique in RM2k3 in this puzzle platform adventure.

This game is created after some experiments with RM2k3. Use different power-ups, play various stages and defeat several boss battles. Discover an overworld and spend your earned coins for new possibilities.

Note! This game is NOT an RPG game and you CAN'T defeat enemies except for boss fights.

The overworld
The overworld is a small world that you will visit every time you load the game, finish a stage or decide to leave a world. There are many secrets in this world. You can collect more coins and more crystals (the item to progress your game) here. You also need to find all the other worlds here. You can't use stage power-ups here but you can buy overworld power-ups that allows you to discover secrets. You can even combine the overworld power-ups to discover even more secrets.

EFD29_2.png

Stages
Eling: First Dimension has various stages to enjoy. Every stage is different with different gameplay elements. Some stages has races, some are platform stages, boss stages or bonus stages. There is an overworld where you can choose your own way and discover many secrets. You can see how many stages you have completed in the status screen.

EFD17_2.png

Power-ups
The shop allows you to spend your collected coins. You can buy power-ups for the overworld that allows you to discover new worlds or you can buy power-ups for the stages. These power-ups make the game a lot easier. You can use these power-ups in a stage by pressing the 'Shift' key.

Yellow Star
PowerUps_Yellow.png

Enemies won't hurt you for 20 seconds.

Orange Star
PowerUps_Orange.png

Enemies won't hurt you for 60 seconds.

Purple Star
PowerUps_Purple.png

You can jump further.

Red Star
PowerUps_Red.png

Fire won't hurt you anymore.

Green Star
PowerUps_Green.png

Poison won't hurt you anymore.

Blue Star
PowerUps_Blue.png

Heals all damage.

You can also find these power-ups to progress within the stage. For example, the Purple Star is needed to jump further.

You can jump 2 spaces by pressing the '0' key.
EFD27.png

After you've got the Purple Star, you can jump 3 spaces by pressing the '0' key.
EFD28.png

This can be combined (for example) with the Fire Star so Fire won't hurt you AND you can jump further. So be prepared for some brain breaking puzzles.

EFD13_2.png

Main Menu
There are a lot of extra modes to enjoy. After you defeated the final boss, you will unlock Free Mode. In this mode, you can explore all stages in one world.

Status
Keep checking your progress with the status option. Complete certain goals and receive new gifts.

L.J. Ware Mode
Make sure you regularly check this website for new passwords. It let's you receive free power-ups.

EFD02_2.png

Eling_First_Dimension_05.png
Eling_First_Dimension_06.png

Eling_First_Dimension_03.png
Eling_First_Dimension_02.png

Eling_First_Dimension_09.png
Eling_First_Dimension_08.png

Eling_First_Dimension_01.png
Eling_First_Dimension_07.png

This new game is gonna be released very soon. At this moment, I completed the development for at least 95%. When I'm done, I'm gonna announce a release date.

I hope people are gonna play this game. Don't be fooled by the tileset, this game is very different than any other RPG Maker 2003 game you've ever played.

I love 2k3 games like this, really does a lot for an engine that doesn't give you much flexibility at all.

A testament to the saying that limitation leads to innovation.

Xilef":3rqvdn2w said:
I love 2k3 games like this, really does a lot for an engine that doesn't give you much flexibility at all.

A testament to the saying that limitation leads to innovation.
Thank you! I think you're right, I wanted to make this in 2k3 because I did not want to fall back into scripting the things I want. Instead, I wanted to create something original that RPG Makers can appreciate. I am almost done, I think it costs me together around a year or one and a half year to make so I really looking forward to know what other RPG Makers think about this game.

Here is a new feature:

Goals and gifts

There are two more options available in the Status Menu that you can access in the Main Menu. The first one is Goals. There is more to do in this game than just collecting coins and collecting crystals. Goals are side missions that you can accomplish while playing the game. You can accomplish these goals in any order you want.

EFD19_2.png

You know when you accomplish a certain goal after you played a stage.

EFD21_2.png

But what can you get with these goals? You can use the last option in the Status Menu to receive some gifts. You can get the gifts in any order you want. Just press the Enter key and you will receive a gift if it's possible. These gifts will help you progress the game. Any idea what that last gift may be? Why don't you find it out for yourself!?

EFD20_2.png

(Some goals and gifts may differ in the final version.)

I can announce that Eling: First Dimension will be released on:

July 10, 2015

This is gonna be a great day for L.J. Ware. Both the full game and the instruction manual for the game (available in two languages) will be available for free downloads on this website and www.ljware.net. A week before the release, I will post a new feature or fact about the upcoming Eling: First Dimension, every day.

But that's not all, the GOLDEN VERSION for Shindra Duel Adventures will also be available on this day. You can download the GOLDEN VERSION only for a week from this website and www.ljware.net.

I hope you are looking forward to this day.

Just 4 days to go!

Every file has a rank between 0 and 5 stars. You can see your rank when you load or save your game. You can earn a higher rank by completing certain tasks. For example, you get one rank higher after you defeated the final boss. You also get one rank higher after you collected all the crystals in the overworld. There isn’t anything left to do when you are at rank 5.

Please check the other blogs for more information about the game.

EFD23_2.png

Just 3 days to go!

There is a pattern in each world in this game:
- The first stage is always the main goal for the stage.
- The second stage is always a racing stage.
- The third stage is a bonus stage. It has something special in it.
- The fourth stage looks like the first stage. However, it is a bit different, harder and sometimes has a time limit.
- The fifth stage is a boss stage.
(The sixth world is different.)

By the way!
Sometimes while you play the game, there will be a short conversation between two people who are talking about you and why you are in this world. It brings some story into the game.

EFD24_2.png

Just 2 days to go!

Make sure you check every sign. They give you information and tips. For example, the first sign you will read is hopefully the sign that tells you to keep checking your status screen that gives you free gifts. Each world has a sign before you enter and some of them will really help you.

By the way!
Free Mode is a mode that you will unlock after you beat the final boss for the first time. All worlds will come together in one stage. You can collect 5 crystals in this single stage. You only can enter this stage by select this mode from the main menu.

EFD25_2.png

Just 1 day to go!

When you beat the final boss, there will be an ending and a credits scene. However, when you collect 50 crystals and defeat the final boss again, you get a different ending. Don’t expect a lot but it is a small extra.

By the way!
You can fast travel between worlds after you visit them for the first time.

EFD26_2.png

Out now!

The game is finally online. Download the full game today!

Please check www.ljware.net for an exclusive password for L.J. Ware Mode.

Have fun with the game!

Could someone move this topic to 'Completed games'? Thank you!

L.J. Ware Mode password

Use this password to receive a gift that will help you in the stages:

63 23 53 37 81

This is how you use a password:

1. Open your game and stay or go to the main menu.
2. Go to 'L.J. Ware Mode'.
3. Go down to 'Password' and fill in the password.

Choose for the option 'RECEIVE' to receive your gift.

L.J. Ware Mode password

Use this password to receive a gift that will help you to buy new items:

82 80 85 76 31

L.J. Ware Mode password

80 99 54 61 37

L.J. Ware Mode password

67 43 45 92 01

EDIT
This is for now the last password. :)

L.J. Ware Mode password

Use this password to receive a:

Orange Star
PowerUps_Orange.png

Enemies won't hurt you for 60 seconds.

34 54 12 78 03

This version is not available anymore.

You can now download the GOLDEN VERSION for just one week. Click on the link above to download it.

The GOLDEN VERSION has a golden title screen and it has an exclusive password to use. When you start your game, go to "L.J. Ware Mode" and choose for "Password". Use this password to unlock the exclusive content of the GOLDEN VERSION:

99 22 23 93 21

You can transfer your data from the normal version to this version by dragging your save file to the new version of the game.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.