Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Dragons and Warriors - The Beginning (Demo)

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Dragons and Warriors - The Beginning.

A story of an ancient prophecy.

You play as yourself (you can give yourself a name in-game) and you just like travelling and on your journey's you find two people and an imp called: Ace, Moldova and Imp. A mysterious orange dragon bumps into you alot and there are always dead bodies nearby to where you encounter it. One day, the king tells of a secret prophecy, only to be known by the hero and the king, could it be that you are meant to be the saviour of the world and fulfill the prophecy? The king tells you that if you and the dragon and it's creators ever meet in the dome of infinity, it is time...

Sorry if it sounded a bit original (Warrior... King... Save the World... Hero...) but I wasn't really creative at the time and I couldn't bother deleting the game and starting again... BTW it's my first game (I wont keep using that excuse).

(If there is a * that means that character is playable.)

You* (re-nameable)
This is who you play as for the whole game, sometimes there wil be times where you need to split up. You are told by the king that you are the hero of the world and that you must fulfill the prophecy by killing the evil dragon and it's creators in the dome of infinity.

Ace*
Ace is your main mage and along the the storyline you two become very good friends.
I can't say anymore otherwise I'll reveal the ending of my game.

Moldova*
Moldova is a really tough warrior who likes to only wear big blocks of armour. Moldova is only a friend of Ace and he isn't keen on making friends so really he doesn't trust you and at every opportunity he TRIES to get away from you, but Ace wants him to be friends with you so he never lets Moldova leave you.

Imp*
The pet and healer of the group, he studies the ways of 'The Imp Mage'. Imp often leaves your party, along with ace, to investigate certain things, so Imp isn't one of your main helpers.

Chad "The Killer" Luciano*
Chad doesn't like it when people call him by his first name so he tells everyone to call him 'The Killer'. Moldova likes irritating Chad by calling him by his first name

Chad doesn't play a main role in this game, as he only sometimes comes when Ace and Imp are gone.

King Ronald VII
King Ronald plays a large part in the game, because if he doesn't tell you of the prophecy, the world would collapse in the hands of The Dragon and the evil makers of the dragon.

The Archmage
The creator of 'The Dragon', he is the one you need to kill, but he has an enormous army of paid assassins, warriors, mages and more importantly, undeads and dragons.

You need to pay tax for things now.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9362 ... ordfc9.bmp[/img]

Finished the game already? Try this!

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8669 ... ltyau4.png[/img]

If there are some spiky bushes in your way, cut them up!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3128 ... hesvp6.png[/img]

Side View CBS - It looks nicer!

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4419/sideviewoi9.png[/img]

These are all of the people that put out scripts or graphics that I used.

Blizz - Tons of Addons Script
The Dark_Lord - Tax Script
(No Name) - Side View CBS. (I used this off somebody, but there was no name.)
Fukuyama - Caterpillar Script
Kain Nobel - Enemy Auto-Levelling Script
L - L's Custom Menu System
Selwyn - Widescreen Script
Land of Shadows - Sprites and battlers, most of the graphics!
Willowsidhe (From Youtube) - ALOT of mapping tutorials! Otherwise my mapping would be nothing better than... nothing!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FQBVVF33

The demo ends when you reach the cave after the bird boss.

Nobody wants to comment on my game?  :down: :sad:

Come now, it's been less than four hours since you posted this! Cool your jets, slick.
Uwe Boll

Well your story isn't interesting.

Is there any more depth than that?

the bush slashing looks really ugly. You could have made the sprite move also instead of a random telepathic invisible blade doing the work.

"Moldova*
Moldova is a really tough warrior who likes to only wear big blocks of armour. Moldova is your friend, but sometimes he doesn't trust you and at every opportunity he TRIES to get away from you, but Ace wants him to be friends with you so he never lets Moldova leave you."

Wtf?! what a horrible friend!

It's my first game (I promised not to keep saying that) and I'm not really bright on the ideas... I'll try and improve it sometime.

I made the bush cutting with events and I couldn't find any sprites that looked like they were slashing a sword, If you can find me one that would be nice.

I meant to say that Moldova isn't really your friend...

EDIT: What did anyone think of the CBS that I found?

I don't really like these CBS-es in rmxp or vx. In old FF, they were awesome, but in these games, they just don't look good. (With these tiny walk-sprites and this HUGE background, at least)

I guess I posted this game too early, there are still LOTS of things to improve on... I might re-post this game when I'm finished with it, until then I've officially abandoned this thread.

So quick wasn't it...

Please check the dates before you post, jondeate-the last post was nearly a year ago. If the last post was over a month ago, it's considered a necropost.

If you have some good content to add to the thread then it's usually allowed, but you didn't need to revive this topic to post three words.

Arjunsp":2voulbbj said:
Nobody wants to comment on my game?  :down: :sad:

Come now, it's been less than four hours since you posted this! Cool your jets, slick.
Uwe Boll

The story is cliche but instead of being an ass-hole and just saying that I'll try to help with that as much as possible, Ok the first thing is the story may be cliche but its fine it will do to be hounest, Hell is FF games can continuesly be about four crystals why not this?, Give the world and the KING definet and easy to attain in the game explanation about the history of the place, try to make it intressting with lots of twists and turns I would advise visiting the Elder Scrolls Wiki and look at the TES time line... ITS WACKY AS ALL HELL also emperors/emperese die like ... alot! in their timelines consider this for the game, The dragon that could be worked on but you dont have to make it show up so much in the game build some suspence on the dragon give it an aura of evilness with characters descriptions with a dragon that isn't very difficult.

The characters are fine but remember whilst making the game GIVE THEM RELISTIC ATTITUDES, Dispite their apperance they must seem as real as possible to get people hooked in but try not to over do it also if your thinking of adding anouther character Add a character who is rival to the player its your choice how the game changes with that character, The rival can either be a complete Ass-hole to the player or he can be a team mate rival for example... erm... a Sonic the Hedgehog example would be Knuckles.... ... .. erm if you watch naruto then a good example would be Sasuke (before he runs away from leaf village and becomes a dick...)

you get the idea...

I'd abreviate more but... I gotta go

.:EDIT:.

Damn! shows me for not reading posts, a year old eh?

I think the people who posted before kinda crushed the dudes spirit a tad...
Oh well.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.