Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Resource icon

Deja Vu Chronicles

DL link: http://rpgmaker.net/games/6451/
image.gif

aka - an epic adventure in reverse

"The end is just the beginning"

The four adventurous heroines Miruka, Hanako, Edelweiss and Aquamarin came a long way. They fought their way up to lv 99 and finally stand before the world's worst nightmare, the "evil warlock", who's evil plans contain nothing but malice! But, can they stop him? Can they stop the evil warlock from summoning the bringer of apocalypse, Pyramid Golem, in time? And will their adventure really be crowned with victory over him?
Or, will this event pinpoint only the beginning of a whole different kind of journey... a challenge of courage and friendship throughout mysterious time-leaps.

Deja-Vu Chronicles is a ~60 minutes short, classic adventure in fast forward ( or rather, "in rewind"? ) - with a few comedic elements and a (hopefully) curious and entertaining story.

It's a very easy game, for beginners. : )

(Features & Credits)

All graphics / visual content is custom made (nebelstern[]ok.de)

RPGmaker XP - Enterbrain
Story & Text - Ayumu LanGenhan
Character Illustrations - Ninjinshiru
Pixel Art / Sprites & Creature Battlers - Ayumu LanGenhan
Music - Yusaku  Kishigami (http://www.presence-of-music.com) Jasmine Cooper
Sounds - RPGmaker XP / freesounds

image.png

screen6.jpg

1402936879_975813463screen-5.jpg

Why, thank you! : )
Well, it's rather new and everything is custom made from scratch - so I wouldn't know how! Xp
:heart: curious though.

Just played through this and final thoughts are that its a really impressive game.

The Artwork is generally fantastic with a particular highlight being the Enemies. All of them are vibrantly coloured and crisply drawn in an appealing and professional style. Some of the battle backgrounds were a bit of a letdown in this regard considering how brilliant all of the other art and graphics in the game were.

The story was good. To begin with it felt as though i was playing a bit of filler at the end of a mainstream RPG, whereby to artificially lengthen the game they find some reason to make the player traipse through past dungeons again. However as the game progresses and the heroines begin to realise implications of their quest the story breaks similarities with endgame filler. Ultimately the story had some very nice moments and wrapped itself up nicely, even if it did get a little confusing towards the end with all the fusing and such.

The only other complaints i would have is that you only had a single tile for transferring between maps when perhaps more would have been suitable. For instance, in the purple dungeon at the start of the game (I say this simply because the terms 'first' and 'final' could be easily misunderstood with all the time travelling i've just been doing.) when moving along a 3 tile pathway, only one tile allowed me to transfer to the next room even though the pathway logically followed on in its 3 tile width on the next map. I found myself scrambling around the edge of maps trying to figure out what point would let me through.

This was a nice compact enjoyable experience, with some brilliant artwork and was a pleasure to play. Well done.

hi baghead_jackson, thank you very much for playing! : )

your feedback is much appreciated, too ; D
yeah that old map-portal issue.
to be sloppy with that is a beginner's mistake, but one that i still do from time to time. XD
and i understand it gets a little confusing at that point ; P that is because of the time-travel theory we used. (there are many different theories. for this specific game, we just used kinda that confusing one haha. )

slothx":3grqgwjc said:
hi baghead_jackson, thank you very much for playing! : )

your feedback is much appreciated, too ; D
yeah that old map-portal issue.
to be sloppy with that is a beginner's mistake, but one that i still do from time to time. XD
and i understand it gets a little confusing at that point ; P that is because of the time-travel theory we used. (there are many different theories. for this specific game, we just used kinda that confusing one haha. )

yeah the map portal thingy really was the only thing that truly stood out and bugged me, but you seem aware of that. As for the confusing story segments towards the end, though i say i was confused it really wasn't something that annoyed me, was more like 'wtf?....ahh confusing time travel stuff, im sure it makes sense to somebody' kind of thing.

i look forward to playing the next game you decide to showcase.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.