Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Boss Project IV: Asylum of Voices

Dead content awaiting restoration.
BOSS PROJECT IV:Asylum Of Voices

Is the 4th installment of the Boss Project series of games, you control "Bliar," a recently slain man who has been condemned to the "Asylum of Voices" due to playing a part in the murder of a young boy one dark and stormy night.

However, not everything is as it seems in this dark and twisted tale. You'll have to take control of Blair and navigate the Asylum in search of the absolute truth behind one of Yenton's bloodiest and grotesque deaths, all the while shedding light on a much more sinister force.

Unlike the previous games in the "Boss Project" series, Boss Project IV will feature a simple-yet-complex storyline revolving around the mystery of a young boys murder and his thought-to-be murderer, all in an effort to spice up the experience and give the player something to think about during their relatively short adventure.

Also, instead of beginning at the highest possible level imagineable and already having learned near all possible skills for each and every character, you now must face each boss (along with optional, much harder bosses) in order to obtain EXP and Gold to buy new equipment, as well as spells and abilities.

The allocation of certain types of equipment and the learning of various spells are key in order to make it to the end of the Asylum.

Ah yes. And...

CRYSTALS= Bosses you'll HAVE to fight.

SHIMMERING LIGHT= Optional bosses.

Screenshots:

4iivf4.png

The mystery unravels...

2mxfrck.png

Traversing the Asylum.

wbqqoj.png

The first boss. Ready thine spells, warriors!

16i8zo.png

Around the Asylum`s outer walls.

Game Download: http://www.filefront.com/14241241/BOSS IV.zip

Jason

Awesome Bro

I'm loving the graphics on those screenshots, but I've got a question, what happened to part I, II, and III ?

I'll give this a playthrough tomorrow, since it's 2am here and I can't be arsed playing games lol.

They were...well...very old and bad games. Theyir downloads have expired, and I made 'em when I didn't really have much to offer other that 3-4 (or maybe 5!) bosses for 80~ MB. Chya! So now it's 20+ bosses for 100~ MB. Sounds about right!

Jason

Awesome Bro

Ah I see, well as I said, I'll give this a playthrough tomorrow, cause the story isn't exactly cliche like every other RPG on the forums, and I love the graphics (SNES Graphics = :fap: )

mawk

Sponsor

thank god, I was starting to think I was the only guy on the internet who used this word.

things look interesting. I'm not crazy about how easily recognizable the rips you're using are, but they're workable, at least. although if there isn't an explanation given for the tails, you should really edit them out. it shouldn't take very long.

also that last screenshot looks strange with the panorama the way it is. unless the camera is perpendicular to the ground, you really shouldn't see the bottom of a castle in front of what's unmistakably a sideview of some clouds. extending the castle walls as far downward as the map goes will fix this, though.

anyway, I'll download and get back to you, mainly because 2k/3 are cool and people who use them are kind of cool too.

Bua ha ha ha! Oh don't worry about that, I use a TON of odd words and laughs. And on the topic of laughs, i tend to change mine up about every day (or hour...depending on the mood. =P)

Ku ku ku.

Also yeah, it does look strange, but then again the entire game's about being strange! A lot of the maps don't really make sense (if you were able to see 'em =B) since the entire game takes place in some odd reality that is a mix between hell and the main characters mind.

Just make sure you both drop back in with an opinion or twenty when you're ready. =O

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.