Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Astyanax: Wrath steel UPDATE 27/11/2009

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Games have something called STORY, GRAPHICS, SOUND, GAMEPLAY
The resources ARE related to the game but when you start flooding this topic whit endless legal philosophy and more irrelevant babble like this:
(ex1: )
Since you are a non native speaker i will simply mention that using the word custom in this context infers the resource was uniquely produced and crafted, not screen-capped and re-sized.
Oohh i see, interesting (looks for a Spanish-English dictionary)
(ex2:)
Ripping assets from games might be hard work, you might have put a thousand hours of effort in, but its still stealing.
What is stealing and what is not? a great dilema, not related to THE GAME..
(ex3:)
Sure, you modified them, that brings us to another point, you do NOT have the right to modify them.
Confirmation Bias.. There are tools made so people can edit their stuff and extract anything as needed. (altough you cannot distribute them)

This game is just like any other damned game posted here.. some people take commercial songs (more often than anything else) ,copyrighted character names, sometimes use ripped material (specially RM2003 users) and dont get hanged for it, its not my fault that most of you people are too lazy or dont have that much time or knowledge to chose your resources as wanted, i would rather draw all the stuff myself in Ms-paint with my non-existant artistic skills than make another RTP game or use those typical tilesets and recoloured RTP :barf:

On-Topic stuff:

Right when I started fighting after the action instructions, the game crashed. I hit down and swung my sword and BONK.

Game looks really amazing, by the way. I do recommend working on the grammar and spelling errors, though. "im" does not equal "I'm." Little things like that really hold a game back.

Technical info, constructive Hints

Anyhow, your game looks markedly different from the usual RM fare, so I applaud you for that. Be careful not to let all of your environments fall into that drab dungeon theme.

Thanks for the hint

You really should consider another sprite style or tileset because they clash really bad.

Ok i agree..

Other than that I have to agree that your sprites clash with your tileset. The dark color 3D tiles clash with the light 2D Sprites (not saying that 2D Sprites in 3D Envoirment never works. It just doesn't in this case)

Okay thank you

Everything went together beautifully. Very nice edits and resizes on the characters. The battle system is very fluid. I had my hopes up in hoping for 8-directional enemy attacks ... i have yet to see that in a decent rmxp game (not that it doesn't exist necessarily). But it looks like the Hero movement and attacks are full 8 directional. And the enemies are still very impressive. The movement animation on the hero is a little sketchy - sometimes the iso view kicks in, sometimes it doesn't.

in fact, he played the game FIRST before condemning me to hell.. really really appreaciated

The resources ARE related to the game, champ.

but yeah darkadam let's not beat a dead horse ok?

So please stop trying to make me feel all guilty and somewhat ignorant in my own pants >=(

moog

Sponsor

Stop bawwwwing? Only time thats been mentioned is when Sophist called you out on it. Now youre derailing your own topic, bud.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.