Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Aleworks Multiple Language

Aleworks Multiple Language
Created by Aleworks (vgvgf)
Based on Multi Language Script Version 0.5 from BlueScope
Version: 1.00
Last Modification: 19/03/2007(day/month/year)

Introduction
This script was designed for making an easily way to allow your game to use more than one language. The good of this script, is that others, like the players can translate the default language, although the game is encrypted.

Scripts Related to AML

[*]Aleworks Multiple Language Script Add-On 1
This Add-On is for reading from the language data the strings used in the scripts.
Included in Demo 1 & Script Pack 1
[*]Aleworks Multi Language File Maker Tool
This Tool, is for creating Language Files from an existing game. This works like Plug, Play & Quit; so you put it, play the game and then you remove it.
Included in Script Pack 1

* Warning, if you use the MESSAGES option, your data files may be modified, so make a backup of your game before.

Download links
Demostrations
Aleworks Multiple Language 1.00 Demo 1
Script Packs
Aleworks Multiple Language 1.00 Script Pack 1

* Please give me credit if you use my script.
* Help me to continue developing this script
Send a e-mail to vgvgvgf@gmail.com, if you found errors or if you have any idea.

Much advanced stuff and all that, but it doesn't really make a difference to me (though I see that your code works better, of course... I just don't think it makes that much of a difference... I also think the files from my .54 are more overviewable).

Anyway, good work on that one, but you could'Ve at least asked me if you could steal my idea :P

My apologise, if you consider that I have "stealed" your idea. I only "take it" without saying it to you.
I know that the files of this script can be a little difficult to read, but I am going to make an easy editor in a rpg maker xp game.

Wow, thanks !! i was looking for this desperately !! <-
cause i'm making a game in korean but my french friends
couldn't play it and I was too lazy to make a copy :p

Hello Aleworks ^_^
I have noticed a bug... ok for me is a bug :s

First... maybe could you try to integrate the performance of the script for reading UTF-8?
It's because I am using this script, and one of the languages will be Portuguese (Brazil), so accents like the circumflex are erased, and only with UTF-8 I could show them onscreen; yes, if using UTF-8 I got good results, maybe you will question why I have asked a increase of the reading system... anyway, I just asked that because you said on the script:
"Language Data files are .txt files. The recomended .txt codification is ANSI, don't use Unicode(can't be read with normal methods), or UTF8 (Can't read some characters) The language name will be the name of the file, excluding the extension. (In ANSI, leave a blank line, at the start of the file)"
So, maybe I have not meet any errors yet...

Second... your script uses the file's title in the Scene_Language... obviously for choosing a preferable language; my problem is that: there is an error; when the script draws the name, it shows thoroughly (with accents and etc), but looks like that when a file with accented name (or any special character, I believe) is chosen, your script fails - it can not read the document, causing the standardisation of all words that the file have changed...
So, when I start the game, it shows me the Scene_Language correctly, appears "Portugu?s (Brasil)", but when I select it, goes to the title screen with the standard words: "New Game", "Load Game", etc - on the contrary of "Novo Jogo", "Continuar Jogo", etc

That was what I have noticed :D
Thank you for reading my post; fixing those issues and I will be grateful :thumb:

Edit:
Oh, just now I saw that you have given your e-mail for contact... oh no problem I will let this post lie here and will send a similar text in a e-mail ^_^
[/FONT]

Anonymous

I see this script as a very serious advantage, another thumbs up to the great work of vgvgf.:thumb:

How to use the "\n[1]" command in event messages?
If you are asking about that, put in the message, the commands you want to use, like \n[#], \v[#], and the others. And, in the language file, insteand of putting the \n[#] or any oyher command, put \COM.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.