Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Akasha Seal

Akasha Seal by Scriptkitty

Scriptkitty's
Akasha Seal

10 years old.
Man...This was a big deal when the community was younger.
I'd hate to see it forgotten. And why should it? I've got all 4 episodes Whooo~
So on behalf of Scriptkitty, I present...

*Lights Dim*

Akasha Seal Episodes 1-4
AkashaAd_zpst6brjaus.jpg

Episode 1: The One Forsaken

Episode 2: Mother

Episode 3: The Time Limit On Trust

Episode 4: Fall Apart

Episode 5: Theory of Mind (Never released :eek:uch: )

Click To Download Episodes 1-4
Make sure to install the font. I have a feeling this was made the pirated RMXP (it was 2006.) Something was wrong with the game.exe, I think I replaced it so the rgssplayer would run. Not sure, it was some time ago. But I left it uncompressed with whatever I did to it, so it should run ok.

Oh man totally forgot about Akasha Seal! I remember when it was a big deal, this is nuts.

Is it actually any good as a game? Time to find out.

EDIT: The answer is no, it's one of those bloody RMXP visual novels. I remember this one right up until it asked you if you wanted to quit, I think when I last looked at this project I quit when I realised it had zero game-play

I always knew the anime artwork had to come from somewhere. I accidentally came across it recently. The character design is Rider|Medusa from Fate-Stay Night. I've heard of it but I don't know anything about it.
But that satisfies the one curiosity I had about this.

Damn, I always assumed it was made for the project. Thinking about it I reckon given we were all about 13 years old that was the reason we played it.

Maaaan... I remember this. I have been on this forum for far longer then I realized. I read the name and thought to myself... wasn't her name pretty famous? And thought maybe it was something new, haha.

Also, I sear, after this game is when everyone and their mother started doing episodic games coughtaletellcough. I always felt this was where it blossomed.

Not that it was the first. But it felt like it sparked it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.