Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Afar

New merchant skill: Agriculture.

Train it by picking crops and handling animals, etc. There isn't too much to do at the moment and the levels do really need tweaking, but the farm is now a much more useful area.

agriicultureguide.png

Ok. So while the above two screenshots are mockups, this one is actually live and working!

IRC Chat has now been implemented.

lRa3nkE.png

Two buttons don't currently work. It looks how it does because it's a bit of a MacGyver job. A lot of one, actually. But I think it looks alright? Just need to work out if I can disable timestamps by default because they take up a lot of room.

I now need to reskin the wiki to fit the box as it currently doesn't.

Oh and if you don't like it, the "x" in the corner gets rid of the sidebar altogether.

MediaWiki based guide/manual now available in-game in the left-hand bar.

FvbgGXP.png

There are a few glitches to iron out, but it should be pretty functional now.

I have rewritten the journal from the Crystals quest, as it was pretty lackluster. I also needed to set up a future quest.

Spoilers:

book_journal.png

Thanks.

Small update, rebuilt the system used for basic messages. It's styled to fit the game now rather than just being some boxes. Scales a bit better too.

Before/after

CwA1nTL.png

Before:

2.png

Possible after:

1dQyfjB.png

The character on the right would show exactly what items the character is holding, so it's a bit more flashy. Also showing how many quests you've completed might encourage some exploration.

Also, this mockup is the start of a stats page for battle scenes, which would show up when you hover over the character's face (like in BattleOn).

e2qiK5O.png

The wheel is a chart of what elements have effect on the enemy.

I know the text may be a little small at the moment. Possibly clicking the face will bring up a larger scroll with larger text, filling the screen, that you can then close, with a tooltip telling you this.

It's... it kinda is and isn't. It's popular in that a lot of people join it, but there are no regular players, so it's also really unpopular. I have a lot to learn and to go into any new MMORPG with, certainly.

Well, in preparation for RPG Maker MV's release I have put up a notice on the Afar homepage. This is... the end. :cry: But it has been fun.

http://www.afar.ws/v/homepage.php

Five years near enough today! I can't believe it. I also can't believe it's still going, although not many people play it.

The new Afar will be much more worthwhile, and I intend it to be online pretty early in 2016 in much the same way that old Afar/Vengeance was.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.