Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content 2052 Space Journey

Dead content awaiting restoration.

Did you like the game?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
2052 Space Journey
Updated: 12-14-09

Downloads
Download 2052

Objectives:
In this game, you are a space ship that is trying to survive the 2052 Galactic War that is going on, and you must kill everyone you see to eliminate the possability of earth being destroyed. Survive and pick up as many power-ups as you can to stay alive! Also, go into the multiplayer modes and have allies at your side in this top-down action scroller! Try your best to score the highest score in all modes!

Screen Shots

Title Screen
title.PNG

Loading Screen
loading.PNG

Controls
controls.PNG

1 Player (Large ship upgrade)
1player_large.PNG

1 Player (Small ship upgrade)
1player_mini.PNG

1 Player (Normal ship)
1player_normal.PNG

2 Player
2_player.PNG

3 Player
3_player.PNG

Videos

1 Player Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3uyBoU6gfk

2 Player Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg9QP3a2kXE

3 Player Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tJLSfyhc-8

Tactics:
Regular Ships can pickup:
- Faster Shooting
- Speed Boosts
- Blaster Upgrade
- Health Up
- Upgrade Ship
- Smaller Ship

Faster Shooting ships can pickup:
- Downgrade
- Upgrade Ship

Double Blaster Ships can pickup:
- Downgrade
- Blaster Upgrade
- Upgrade Ship

Triple Blaster Ships can pickup:
- Downgrade
- Upgrade Ship

Faster Ships can pickup:
- Downgrade
- Health Up
- Upgrade Ship

Large Ships can pickup:
- Downgrade
- Smaller Ship

Small Ships can pickup:
-Downgrade
- Upgrade Ship

Credits
Pixel Art: Matthew Long
Everything Else: Joshua Long

Cait

Although, it isn't my kind of game, I did play it. It wasn't that bad graphically, the music was okay, but there was no challenge. No reason to be playing, except trying to get a high score. A fad that isn't so important today, as it was in the 80s, 90s ... I wouldn't go off my opinion though, as I said it isn't my kind of game so I wouldn't know what's good or what's bad. I'm mainly into RPGs, Action RPGs, tactical RPGs, and such on....

Thanks for playing it at least, that is all I wanted. :D It was my first game maker project, and I just wanted to try something out...my next game with game make is going to have strategy and more challenges now that I understand the program. :D

Mainly people are into RPGs if they are here, I know, but I thought I would give it a shot.

Well its a stable and seemingly bugless vertical shooter at the moment. The gameplay is rather repetitive since all your enemies do the same thing (its just that the amount of them changes over time and they shoot a bit more). But its a working proof of concept if i've ever seen one. You should try and add different projectiles and enemy types and strategies. This would prolly be a decent platform for experimenting with different projectile physics and enemy "AI".

Yeah, that is what I am using as a skeleton for my new games...the AI isn't bad, and it can be reused in other games, and I am using it to make another vertical shooter...but this next one is going to be way more advanced in design...just gotta get the sprites and other pixel art done.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.