Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Triple Triad XP

Triple Triad XP Version: 1.3
By: Maximusmaxy

Introduction

Insert this script into your game to play the classic FFVIII minigame Triple Triad! Create/Edit/Modify your own cards and play your own way!

Features

• Modifiable Card Database
  • All the rules and modes of the original game(Plus, same, combo...)
  • New modes(2 player, Gold for winning)
  • New rule(Cross)
  • Random and/or specific card selection for events
  • Custom Image Support(Insert your own card pictures)
  • AI Modes(Smart, Aggressive, Defensive)
  • Custom Triple Triad menu, with cards owned and win/loss ratio

Screenshots

azdx6q.png

2qaqzci.jpg

Demo

http://www.mediafire.com/?d1clb0qg4iyoi08

Script

In the demo

Instructions

To install the script simply paste it above the main, and below the default scripts. Make sure to copy the TT folder from the pictures folder in the demo, into your own pictures folder. If using the audio supplied in the demo, make sure that too is copied into your BGM folder. Instructions on how to use the script are in the demo.

Credits and Thanks

Maximusmaxy - Writing the script
Squaresoft - Making Triple Triad, Graphics and Audio

Author's Notes

If you have anything you would like to add to the script or if it is incompatible with other scripts, feel free to tell me. If there are any error's or bugs (There are ALLOT of rules variations, too many to test myself), screenshots of what happened are always helpful. Also if you had added anything to the script i'd love to know and maybe implement it into mine aswell.

I'm not active on this forum so feel free to email me or add me on MSN/Windows Live Messenger: maximusmax3000@hotmail.com

Terms and Conditions

I wouldn't use this script in commercial games unless you want to be sued by Squaresoft/SquareEnix.

Very nice! I remember Sephiroth's Triple Triad script, only problems with his are I can't find it anywhere and it required the SDK. Very nice job!

If this is based on SephirothSpawn's original coding, I hope you would be kind enough to put him in the credit and thanks section too. Either way, it sounds like an improvement, so kudos on that. I like that you've added a play for gold feature, but I'm curious what you mean by "2 player" mode.

I didn't know SepirothSpawn wrote a triple triad script, it probably would have been allot easier if i had seen his first, but no I made this all on my own.
The 2 player feature is just for fun I guess, so you can play against your friends, it wasn't hard to implement so I thought why not.

EDIT: Yeah i had a look around and i couldn't find Sepiroth's script either :(

Thanks BlueScope. Sephiroth's script is quite impressive o.0 I was thinking about adding the cross board rule a while ago but now it would seem like it has already been done, and it will be nothing original :( I guess i'll just have to think of something else.

Well, the whole Triple Triad has been done before, so... that's not really a reason to stop here ;) Plus it sounds like a fun thing to try out to get a bit ahead in scripting if you find it challenging.

I think there's a glitch. You can capture cards against walls from the opposite side, eg:

You place a card in top corner with
AA
A

The opponent puts a card on the corner underneath with:

And your card gets captured.

EDIT: Scratch all that, just realised about the cross rule thing -___-

theres definatly a problem with this script... when you place down a few cards.. if you keep pressing UP
it removes cards placed on the board then causes script to crash the game.

Hopefully this can be sorted as I really want to use this script in my game with customed cards.

*BUMP* (anyone able to sort that script issue out pls?)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.