Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Help with dynamic lighting script

Here's the script:
http://www.gdunlimited.net/forums/topic ... g-effects/

I'm doing everything right, except I'm turning on the light with a switch, and it doesn't immediately come up. I need to call another scene first (like going into the menu) for the light to come on.

So I'm just seeing if anyone can modify this script a little to make it so that it automatically updates when I turn the switch on and it switches to the event page that actually has the comments in it. Small fix I'm sure, like adding in a few .update's or something, but I can't do it :P

Also, the Red parameter (when putting in comments) is broken. No idea what would cause that to break.

The script listed isnt very well maintained. It is okay for static implementations of lighting, but for something a bit more dynamic, probably need another script.

Dynamic Lights
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.ph ... 062.0.html

Im sure there will be some other drawbacks to this script as well, but I havent played with it enough to tell you what they are. Only real issue with this script that I have is its in French and I dont speak a lick of French. Out of the Lighting scripts that I've tried, I like the functionality of this one the best. Implementation remains to be tried however.

Sorry for the late update on this post, but the script I linked to was only recently shared.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.