Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP]Battle System Editing

Basically, what I have is a very simple sideview script that I found on another forum a while back, but there's a problem with it's built-in HP and MP gauges: whenever MP is 0 for any battler on either side, the game crashes and the error is on line 30.

I want to know how I would go about fixing this, since the script is not commented properly, I can't find exactly where it is to fix.

The Code

Oh yeah, it's not indented properly, either.

If someone more RGSS literate would look over the code for me and tell me how to fix it, I'd be very appreciative! :cheers:

EDIT: Now I have another problem. The script makes no provision to notify the player of a level up. What should I do?

like option a or b?
2w4h4p2.png

B, since the script does away with the dms' battlestatus screen.

And I forgot about skills. I want a notification when a new skill is learned, just like "New Skill" or "Learned X"

so i have the mock up working, but im trying to get the operational code to work, however the code you have posted doesnt work for me, it doesnt crash but none of the players can attack(so obviously i cant win a battle to test), is there more to the code?

Umm... there's one more thing.

I, without thinking, wrote a character that uses ranged weapons, even though I know this battle system doesn't have a way to stop character movement easily.

I'd rather not rewrite the character, so I wonder if someone could write an addon to stop a character from moving if equipped with a weapon with element 14?

(I probably shouldn't have used super-simple sideview, but I've put so much effort into it now, I'd rather not switch.)

Hey, just in case there are people out there who are just as stupid as I am, just change this line

if $data_system.elements[13] == "Range"

so that it matches the ranged element in your database.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.