Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

WHITE

...You never told me about this. ;P It's looking really great, J. Agent White looks totally badass, so does the game. Keep up the good work. :)

Ok everyone I've just released the Tech Demo, to let you know how the battle system will be. It's a collaboration of some work between me and Near Fantastica, we're still working out some things, but it's pretty stable as is.

NOTE: Some known problems
-When you're close to an enemy and try to change maps you will get an error.
-There are some tileset errors
-I know the sprites aren't complete =P
-Some enemy unbalances
-You'll get a Trigger not set right error when you beat the dragon(it won't make the game crash, but that's the end.)
-Ranged Magic doesn't work right now.
-It's a really easy button mash fest
-YOU CAN SHOOT YOURSELF! DO NOT RUN INTO YOUR BULLETS THEY WILL KILL YOU!

Also everything is a WIP and is still subject to change. You can find the link for the Tech Demo in the "Releases" section on the original post. Try it out and report any problems and tell me what you think about it in the mean time.

NOTE: Some things I'm considering.
-Graphic animations to go with attacks.
-Changing regular attack to only stun the enemy and not damage them.

BACK TO ORIGINAL POST

I think the graphic changes to go with attacks will make a huge difference to this. As it is, he's a pretty impressive guy shooting bullets out of his chest.

I don't know if you intended it as it was the start of the demo, but the first couple of enemies seemed pretty blind.

Whys the dragons so damn quick!? Anyway, all in all its really impressive and Agent White looks really good when you see him in the game... Didn't you say most of the game is in the modern day. Won't that mean human enemies? They'll be a bit harder to get right if that is the case.

Keep up the good work.

I shortened the sight of the first enemies for the purpose of shooting them first.

They dragon is quick because he's a boss. The trick to beating him is luring him in the corner then dashing away out of his sight. After that line up with him and fill him up with lead.

Also there's a cheat you can walk along side of him and use the regular attack to hurt him and stun him when you hit him.

Yeah most of the game is modern day so the enemies will be majority Thugs/Enemy Agents. Everything you saw thus far was for testing purposes.

That was great, Jstreet. I died at the boss. For some reason the health never worked... I only had 2HP before and after using the health o.O

Well, I really liked all those systems, sneak, run, katana...
I must confess I died in the dragon part, because during the whole game and the boss I didn't use any medipack.
I think this can turn out a nice game. I'm not dumb, so I watched a the uncompleted introduction, and it reminds me of Mumy. But that's ok. It's well-made.

Good Luck, I hope you don't need it.

-Added 2 Screens
-Added 1 Character Set

Progress Update:
I'm experiencing hellafied problems with the battle system left and right. Some things I fear I can't iron out. I'm thinking about alternatives to the battle system(I'm even considering ESing the ABS...which I do NOT really want to do.)

I'm working on getting the teaser done. Hopefully I'll have it out sometime within the next couple of weeks, but it will probably be bugged because of the ABS dilemma. It might be lacking music as well, but I'm still working on the soundtrack.

I'll keep you posted.

~one

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.