Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX]Requesting actor inventory script

I have been using tomoakys tactical battle system srpg2. The link below has a thread on the script. I am requesting help to get a script compatible with tomoakys srpg2 where each actor has a separate inventory. The link below does mention a compatible script that does this if you use the patch they mention but i cant figure out how to get it to work so if its easier to figure that out i understand. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading this. By the way the link is through a web cache i couldn't find another way to display it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...makervx.net/lofiversion/index.php/t43188.html

edit: this has been resolved

The patch is inserted below right below the actor inventory in the script editor. It gives me this error when i run the game though.

Script 'actor inventory' line 604: NameError occurred
unitililaized constant CAO::INDI::KEY_ACTOR

i had to use translate.google.com to even find the script as the link to the script took me to the authors site but not directly to the script. I may not even have the right script from the site. Google translated the title of the one i downloaded as "items individually possession" but that sounds like the right one. When i copied and pasted the script i did not use google translate.

I found it. In the actor inventory script. line 97 is commented out.
#~ KEY_ACTOR = 0
remove the #~

Idk if you'll neeed the COCAO base script that should be placed over any other cocao scripts.

I can tell you there's another problem with the cardslot script. Not sure what it is. You can't open the item menu in the regular menu. You can open a item window in battle. But I haven't tested it by giving the actors items.

Thank you. I will test it after i get home.

edit: That worked great! I just got rid of the card slot script and there was 1 more error at line 104 in the actor inventory. (The same things had to be removed again.) I can now get to the item menu in and out of battle. I have figured out what the new commands do in the menu. Theres just a bunch of squares rather than words that's about the only problem though.They look like the symbols circled at the link below only there in rows. Apparently from searching it has something to do with font but i dont know what.

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/13378-changed-default-text-getting-boxes/

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.