Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Very complicated script

Hello all

Ok, now i was thinking to make a sci-fi game, without random battles of any kind. What I'd rather like, is that the player can shoot bullets or at most lasers ( I think lasers are a bit unrealistic). The only problem with that is, that you can shoot in only 4 directions. It would be much more fun if the player could shoot in any direction, turning with the left and right button, walking with up and down, like in the first 2d GTA-games.

I was wondering whether this could be done with scripting or not. I realise it would be very, very hard. Maybe it could be 8 or 16 directions, so it would not take so much time to make the char set.

This was my question (I am dutch, so my english could be crap)

The 4th tab in the conditional Tab.

You would do if Up is pressed if true, check to see if the right button is pressed, if true, Set move event to Move Upper Right (Yep, it has all 8 directions there)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.