Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Untras Workshop + rips-a-ton

Untra

Sponsor

dk1_knight_big.png
DUNGEON KEEPER
dk1_biledemn_big.png

This is still a work in progress, but Ive been working on ripping and editing a number of Dungeon Keeper Resources. Ive already extracted the sounds, music, facesets, and am working on the tileset, animation and sprite extraction. Its difficult due to most of the resources being saved in Dat/Tab pairs, which are two files that act as lock and key for each other, but cannot be opened without a special program and various codes used by the actual game itself. You're free to use everything, but credit Dungeon Keeper, not me. Unless I made it. Then credit me.

Facesets:

Ive attempted to remove most of the black background from them, although I would recommend that the facesets have their black backs reapplied or used against a black windowskin. The look of them is so atrocious without it that if it lacked it, additional editing would be necessary.
box.net

Sound FX:

The following sound effects have been filtered so there are no repeats, and none of the voice effects are included (trust me, you don't want them). Includes 120 SEs, 4 MEs, 11 BGSs.
Filefront, Mediafire

Music rips:

Also extracted from DK are five BGSs. These have been slightly audio enhanced, but other then that they're original.
Filefront

Dartboard:
I made this for myself a while back, but I feel like sharing it now that I feel I have no use for it. Its a simple dartboard tileset. If used alongside the bow animation, this can lead for a well developed darts minigame.
Box.net

Dungeon Keeper Loading Picture:
When I ripped this, it appeared rather grainy and blocky. I edited it and shrunk it into a useable XP picture. It makes for a great loading screen picture, especially by having it slowly increase its transparency over a black background.
loading.png

Tilesets:
Here are the four tilesets from the game. The tilesets include tiles that represent 3D surfaces, although I couldn't tell the difference. Because the games tile system was 96*96 (3*3 32*32 tiles), there are going to be sets of 3*3 tiles that can be individually ripped for animations (such as the temple pool or the walls) To those, I will rip and submit a bit later.

Tileset1
Tileset2
Tileset3
Tileset4

Untra

Sponsor

Update:
Dartboard:
I made this for myself a while back, but I feel like sharing it now that I feel I have no use for it. Its a simple dartboard tileset. If used alongside the bow animation, this can lead for a well developed darts minigame.
dartboard.png
Box.net

Dungeon Keeper Loading Picture:
When I ripped this, it appeared rather grainy and blocky. I edited it and shrunk it into a useable XP picture. It makes for a great loading screen picture, especially by having it slowly increase its transparency over a black background.
loading.png

Untra

Sponsor

Update:
Cancel the sprites. I finally figured out how to rip them only to find every frame is its own image file. There are also so many junk images that the pictures alone (none of which is greater then 200*200) that the entire file adds up to 50 megabytes. jesus christ.

In lieu of, Here are the four tilesets from the game. The tilesets include tiles that represent 3D surfaces, although I couldn't tell the difference. Because the games tile system was 96*96 (3*3 32*32 tiles), there are going to be sets of 3*3 tiles that can be individually ripped for animations (such as the temple pool or the walls) To those, I will rip and submit a bit later.

For now, enjoy.
Tileset1
Tileset2
Tileset3
Tileset4

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.