Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Trouble With Pokemon Scripts.

This project is getting so frustrating.

I get my first couple maps done. Finally get all my events working the way I want. Learn to sprite, everything's good. Then I attempt to use a script, and the whole game crashes.

1st Problem: I need to have Mr. Pokemon give the player a pokemon to deliver to Falker. I went here: http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.htmlto learn how to do this.

I followed directions and inserted:

@>Conditional Branch: Script: pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::PIDGEOTTO,15,_I("FALKNER"),_I("ACE"))
@>Text: Received a Pokémon from Mr. Pokemon.
@>
: Else
@>Text: You have no room to store the Pokemon.
@>
: Branch End

When in game I got up to this point, and it said there was a problem with the script and the game crashed.
At first I thought I did something wrong and copied the example. This is what was inserted:

@>Conditional Branch: Script: pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::SHUCKLE,20,_I("MARK"),_I("SHUCKIE"))
@>Text: Received a Pokémon from Mark.
@>
@>Text: You have no room to store the Pokemon...
@>
@>

Then I went back to this part of the game and once again it crashed.

2nd Problem: A old lady in a pokemon center gives you an egg because her son keeps trying make omelets out of it. I used the same site and once again followed directions and inserted this:

@>Conditional Branch: Script: $Trainer.party.length>=6
@>Text: You have no room to store the Egg...
@>
@>Script: Kernel.pbGenerateEgg(
: : PBSpecies::PONYTA,5
: : )
@>Text: Received a Pokémon Egg.
@>
@>

Just like before, when I got to this point the game crashed. So i put in the original:

@>Conditional Branch: Script: $Trainer.party.length>=6
@>Text: You have no room to store the Egg...
@>
@>Script: Kernel.pbGenerateEgg(
: : PBSpecies::TOGEPI,5
: : )
@>Text: Received a Pokémon Egg.
@>
@>

Annnnd it still crashed.

I don't know why this is happening! I wasn't a spelling error because I copied and pasted everything. =[ Help?

ALSO, I am having trouble with battling, mostly setting up the trainers, and starting the battle, but I have not spent much time on this so might be able to figure this one out but any tips would be appreciated.

[/color]

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.