Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The sketch thread!

quick sketch of some random characters
img028.jpg

What's on the top of the man's tophat?
Stottlemire.png
A sketch I colored, it kind of looks like one of those star beings off of Super Mario Galaxy... Also I'm wondering if I have the gleams in the right place because thay look off.

mawk

Sponsor

Seth? that's a dude?

the gleam on the star guy seems alright to me, although it does sort of look like the two lines are bending inwards at the point between them.

also the way you've done the shading between the legs looks a little like the star's wearing a cup. :x

Samot, those have a lot of style. they're quick and they're messy, yeah, but they really paint a scene regardless.

attanurough.png

an incredibly quick (<10min) rough-out for a lore pet creature (called an at'tanu)
im so drawn to spindly legs and giant ears :I

also christ my shit always turns out better with a smaller brush why do i always use 10pt :mad:

elfin.jpg
]

I don't have time to draw nowadays. I'm over worked so my creativity is spent serving the elderly and making sarcastic jokes. :/

V: Hey I like that. It kinda reminds me of the Kelbi from Monster hunter. What brush do you use/settings because I like that lines it puts down.

Ven, that is super cute. I wanna hug it. :333333 :cute:

Also, nice work, Makasu! I really dislike boob armor, but it's executed well. I like the expression on her face.

Here's something:
vedran01-4.jpg

Eye whites are a bit dark, but I'll fix it when I color it.

WeaponOD":2djxpobz said:
Hey this goes to Ven, Makasu, and Peri. How did you guys get to the point where you are now? (Drawing wise)

Practice I guess. I don't know. I blame raging hormones for most of my art. >:p

@Peri: Yeah I couldn't really think of any other type of armor so boob armor FTW! I'm pretty sure I was in a TES Oblivion mind state when that was made so that may be part of the cause. Or Champions of Norath. I want you and V's brush settings though because my stuff is always so scratchy looking and whatnot. :/

@WeaponOD: Yeah, practice, really. In particular, drawing lots of things from reference till I had a basic grasp of anatomy. I still fuck it up a lot, though, so I clearly need to practice more!

@Makasu: Why not draw normal armor? :p Boobs are squishy and will easily fit into male armor, and male armor is frequently designed to actually protect you, which is a plus. And as far as brush settings go, I just use hard round brushes. I generally do a rough sketch and then ink over it for a smoother result. I'm also anal-retentive and clean up my lines if they aren't super perfect the first time.

@WeapOD: Lots of practice, lots of reference drawing. Lots of really scrutinizing the way things look, act, move. Always have tons of room to improve :)

@Mak: Damn! Nice! Your lineart is always really incredible.

Got something new. Another rough Neph sketch. blarg, hate drawing hands at that perspective.

sittinintherain.jpg

yeah I remember i had one of his books a while back on figure drawing. i don't remember what happened to it, but after "Art Students' Anatomy", it used to be like a bible to me :)

Yeah he has some great books I reckon, a friend lent me the basic one (teaching how to draw heads/bodies etc + cartoons) and I think he's a great help =D. I think I've slightly improved my drawing skills because of his book.

very large sketchdump :D

333-2.jpg

ROBOT
444-2.jpg

something i drew up during french class. also, robots.
555-1.jpg

practicing some limbs. urgurguhrguh the hand @_@
666.jpg

tried a proportionally correct thingy. looks weird in retrospect (i think the legs are too short)

blech. drawing a realistic human is a bitch >_>
111-4.jpg

more random doodles~

man do i ever draw robots a lot (my friend added antenna-bot's snarky comment :x )
777.jpg

HIS HEAD IS A ROCKET
222-2.jpg

drew this a while back, actually. i dunno
888.jpg

@_@ don't ask

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.