Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The sketch thread!

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

teach will be so proud! Another monthly homework prompt! This one was for 'Dinner for Two' and so after some VERY REASONABLE AND FAIR CHOICE PARALYSIS I came to realize the idea of Xaela and Xali having a chill picnic in some cthonian dystopic setting was what I wanted to do most.

I had already hinted in various Apocrypha, most notably Romance of Evildoing Camaraderie that these two had something of a relationship built on that they understand and respect each other.

They are both at their best when they are being evil as hell and unapologetically themselves. So in what could almost be seen as an homage to a scene described in the apocrypha above I had them on the eldritch edifice having a picnic (wickerberry tea included!) as a city and world burned beneath them. yet another civilization of savages victim to the Children of Calamity and their destructive rampages.

Picnic of a Sort
wNaSNkm.png

As per usual, I have also provided a speed draw video to show my process.This art piece took nine hours, over three different streams. One of the longest rendering times in recent history.

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

New piece, new end~

You'll see what I did there if you watch the speed draw video!

Eldritch Tranquility
NaxTMUj.png

This is Xaela. She knows how to command fear and respect with apathy and words, and frankly? I'm fucking jealous. Like she may be cute for an evil god, but she is also the mother of the outer gods, including Cthulu who... she regards as her 'pet'.

This woman is a fucking psycho. She wants to watch the world burn. Only replace 'world' with 'the entire cosmos' and replace watch with 'MAKE'.

She sees Entitlement as the worst sin, and hope kinda goes hand in hand. So her goal is to torment all mortals, immortals and even gods to such a torturous degree that their hope fucking dies.

It's ambitious, but... she has time. In fact, she has been alive for 3.4 quadrillion years (at least) and has probably been planning this Grand Conflagration for a majority of those years.

You don't fight her in Fantasia, either... She fights you, and you have to not die. The task is... difficult!

She is not a boss you can defeat, she is a boss that you can only impress with enough SWEAT. If that sounds fucked to you, then congrats... you are correct.

Every one of the Children of Calamity are like this. They are superbosses, who can't be defeated. Their time hasn't come yet. It may never come. All you know for now is that you must survive, because if you don't, you will become confetti.

Xaela is also the most powerful among the children, she can stop time for all objects that are not herself with a snap of her fingers. She can also read multiple minds with full clarity while having no issue keeping focus in the physical plane. These powers are owed to her heritage as the Aspect of Time from Eden and a Seer of Eld respectively.

What this means is that she's more or less toying with you. There is no way to beat her because if she was taking this fight seriously, you wouldn't be able to.

Anyway, this is an artwork that shows her captivating grace and calm despite being a creature who has quadrillions of years of hatred and rage up her sleeve. In her own words, "I am not a victim of my anger, my grief or my hatred. I am a conqueror of them... and by extension: You."

God damn she's sick. Anyway...

Here's a speed draw!
I kinda went hard on this one. Felt fitting that I give some dialogue lines amidst sick organ banging and piano. It helps that most of Xaela's (voiced) dialogue is... pretty fire. It also helps that the music slaps harder than your mum's asscheeks. Gottem`!

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Shinigami: The Aspect of Death
H2M7dVb.png
pJMcuzF.png

Lilac Grave becomes the Shinigami sometime before or into Seraphim, this is the new appearance she gets. Had the image appear in my head while doing some chores and I'm like 'oooh! I better draw that!'

And so now I have!

Speed Draw Video!

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

The Paragon YHWH said:
Enshrined in memory are the times mortalkind would push the boundaries of the worlds and places they inhabit too far.

In every era, in every single conception of your fabricated existence, there is always someone who thinks they know better and deserve greater praise than their makers. Always the same arrogance, the same tired demand for recognition of their own worth! That theirs was worthy of immortality, that they deserved to be rewarded for their "justice" masquerading as sin.

You are nothing. No one. Yet in that fleeting semblance of hope that they could be something, did mortalkind doom everything they claim to hold dear... You think they deserved to survive, nay- to thrive, in a world they themselves made impossible to survive and thrive within? Ignorance, utterly contrived and baseless defense of an entity that has always been more harm than help, more danger than decency!

You think it unfair that the next generation be sentenced to the same overdue oblivion, when it is their own hands that caused the first!? Even now, you refuse to see reason... Mortalkind are shepherds of their own end, you have unwittingly provided evidence to this fact when you denied your duties as the next Goddess.

Well, I shall veil your sins no longer. Prove to me you are not beyond hope. Prove you are not beyond basic understanding. See then, supplicant of man. See what mortalkind's evil have accomplished.

The Final Day of Eden, an inferno that made the hells look squeamish in compare. A hell of mortalkind's own making, lost in their lust for prosperity, and then salvation, they would doom this garden and so many more after the fact. They would use the planets own SOUL to fuel their idyllic utopia while ignoring the signs of danger-- Even your OWN warnings!

Surely you remember...? Why is it then, that you would still raise your blade to us in defiance!? Answer me! Why do you continue... to feed the hand that bites you?"
This piece was an absolute monstrosity, and easily the most ambitious and time-consuming artwork I've done since the Wall of Chara. Most of my pieces take eight hours tops. From the stream and the recording, I have 16 hours on record, and I did not record the drafting process.

Also I forgot to switch viewports when I did stuff in photoshop so apologies if it seems there's been some changes between the final product and the finale of the recording, that is why.

This piece accidentally became my magnum opus and I am so happy with how it turned out. It is perfectly dramatic and really shows a conflict I can't wait to make in the game itself.

The Final Union.
JQcm0ZJ.jpg

Alternative version without the five flaming swords making a pentagram at Satanifa's back.
M7K2qny.jpg

And finally, the speed draw. It's a bit longer than usual sheerly due to the time I put in.

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Now that 2024 has arrived, I feel it's time I give my 2023 art portfolio in review!

Remi-Chan's Year in Review for 2023
dCV1vAb.png

My my, what a productive year 2023 has been! I hope I can match or even transcend it in 2024.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.