Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
The Mirror Lied

The Mirror Lied

Many thanks for the feedbacks, guys! My apologies for being inactive here, have been occupied for a while now. But rest assured, I have been reading and keeping in mind of the feed backs, as well as thoroughly enjoyed the all your interpretations; some of which never occurred to me before. c:

And ah, thanks for that glitch report. It is quite a biggie, and I will fix it as soon as my main project's next release is out. Perhaps I'll make a RTP-independent version too.

Gotta run again, time's running out!

A version with the critical bug fixed is now up; over-writing the same dl link. :smile: There has also been a tiny tiny change for the sake of falling back on in the case of controversy, but I doubt it's noticeable.

An extended version of the title theme is available in the resource boards, although that's from a while back so I don't know where it sank to now.

[edit]

Woot, completed the game.

The ending was a real WTF tho. o_O

Who was the guy on the phone, though? And how did birdie call her? Omg. XD

Such an inspirational little game!

that made my brain hurt. ow...

but in all seriousness, nice work. At first I had no idea what was going on at all, but after like 3 tries i figured it out. nice one Reives.

Thanks for playing guys. :smile:
By the way, recently I tried a RM2k game called TAUT as someone mentioned it felt similar to this, and it's pretty cool - More or less Silent Hill-ish, and it starts up in a house with similar atmosphere and with phone calls and the like as well. It's survival horror though, and has a linear story. If ya liked this game, you might want to give that a try (just googling TAUT rm2k should get you there).

sweeeeet game! *-* the atmosphere, omg! ans i like that light switch thingy.. ( my RPG 's got something among those lines in 1 dungeon, too ^^) but wow, the atmosphere... it feels like you're a little kid alone at home... a mix of boredom and couriosity to do something forbidden XD geez, i love it!
now i feel like totally attracted to draw a Leah fanart XD
in a wierd way she feels kinda a little like "Lain" so far =w=

but only if i manage to finish the game i guess... so... hopefully i will... XD

€dit:

Okay, finished it.................. and the end was reeeeaally wierd XD damn! so confusing and........ darn...
speechless. still wanna make that drawing sometime. ;3

Whew, i actually did it! Made a fan - art of " The Mirror Lied "'s Leah - yay !  :thumb:

She turned out looking a little older than i actually wanted though o_O dunow when that happened.
Anyway, thanks for sharing this nice game with us! Enjoy!

http://fc43.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/329/8/3/Leah_by_Nebelstern.jpg[/img]

The background - even if drawn in a rush - is even an actual place in the game. XD

Glad ya enjoyed it koon!

And wow, that is beautiful! I am very impressed with the lineart and shading, they look so smoothly done. Is this pencil on paper or pencil-simulated digital work? Either way, fantastic work - much appreciated.  :smile:
(Main-hallway, facing the 1st floor's washroom door?)

hi Reives,

hey thanks, too! yes it is plain pencil on paper ^^; (i just changed the whole color to brown-ish on computer)
and you're right about the place, too! XD if the "camera" would zoom out a little more, you could probably see the plant =P

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.