Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The eZine, Development Forum

What is the eZine?

The eZine is an online magazine, basically at this point just some images put together in a row to represent magazine pages. Each page is 800x1000 pixels in size and generally uses size 12 Verdana as a font, wrapped in a standard header and footer with a graphical title page.

What is it's purpose?

• To draw attention to news which is frequently missed (Nobody Reads Announcements)
  • To spotlight neat things from the forums that we think should be seen
  • To organise game making articles in an easy to find place
  • To portray a more organised, professional appearance

What goes in?

Anything we have at the time. If you've been invited to help with the eZine (or asked to yourself), then just:

- Make some articles! Just write stuff. Anything, really. Doesn't matter how long, how short, or how good you think it is. There will be some quality control but don't worry too much about it, mainly just spelling and grammar checking and making sure you're not telling people how a single mom discovered a neat way of whitening her teeth for free.

What doesn't

Adult material.
Offsite memes, generally.
Games which aren't posted at HBGames.org (or RMXP.org/net).
Negative articles on members or games which aren't proper C&C reviews
Advertising for things which aren't posted at HBGames.org

Jason

Awesome Bro

How about games that aren't made with the RPG Maker programs, or games that aren't finished, but currently in development? ...And maybe you could have a sort of "Ask Amy" section, people can post questions for you to answer in each issue, ofcourse, they can't be weird things like can you wrap your dick around your shoulder and put it up your arse, but general things, or to do with game making itself... how about that idea?

Will the ezine be monthly?
I could do the formatting/makeup of the next issue, and maybe post it in a more professional way, embedded pdf in a nice cool ezine archives/viewer page?

I'm not sure. I thought it could be like a cross between the old eZine and the This Week on .ORG, so maybe two-weekly when we're busy, and monthly when we're not. It all depends on how much interest it gets really.

Not sure how professional my stuff is but it's much better than 8 to 11. This is what I've got for the next issue so far, not sure how long it ought to be.

http://afar.ws/ezine_dev/eZine%2013/

Jason

Awesome Bro

The last page about amnesia, I sort of disagree, if it's handled properly it can be done pretty well... but yeah, a lot of people that do actually start their games with amnesia are usually bad at presenting it in a way that doesn't bore the player...

Besides, I've got my sortofgamethatisntagamemorelikeabigcutscenebecauseihaventputanygameplayinit which the player has amnesia, but I'm good at it! :shades:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.