Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
The Blacksmith's Apprentice

The Blacksmith's Apprentice - Version 1.5 released

Thanks. What level do you recommend me being? Both my guys are level 9, with about 100 life, and the eagles/lizards do 50-60 damage. It's hard NOT to die.

JerrySD":30p1bsxc said:
I just completed BOOK 1 and it was amazing.

Here are some of my theories.
William's mother is actually a dwarf. the cure for somnia's sickness for dwarfs are stinkweed plants and the cure for the sickness for human's is the hazelweed. at the very beginning, William's mother mentions that she doesn't remember using the hazelweed plant but stinkweed., but she could of forgotten,

Quelion Grey'nor wasn't actually executed. his wife was disguised as a executioner and saved him and tricked the town into thinking he was dead. when you return to his wife's house shortly after, you find out that she moved.

i dunno what Torbulus was up to the entire book with making all those seals.

the warning letter at the beginning written in Wiliam's writing? WTF was that about? himself from the future?

i expect Skylark will join the party as the cleric since she was learning magic from Berlarus.

I think that the leader of the Thieves guild was the girl that got raped by Carrock.

i think the beautiful women with the scarf is up to no good and know exactly what she was doing and set up Quelion to get killed.

Juno, feel free to laugh at these and you don't have to respond, I don't want to be spoiled in the slightest.

@JerrySD: Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed the game so much. I got a kick out of some of your theories, not because they were totally crazy... but because some weren't too far off from the truth. I won't tell you which ones were right or wrong, I'll just say this:

You're absolutely right on three of them, dead wrong on one, and somewhere in between on the rest.

Oh sweet.

My favorite character so far: William, he has what most JRPG protagonists don't. hes not a cliche, dumb-witted, gung-ho guy who fights evil. He actually uses his brain to get out of situtations instead of swinging his sword around. I like Arthur too, in fact, everyone from Willow Glen.

My least favorite character so far: the witch, even though only seen for a brief while, that was enough to beat out Carrock.

June! Nice to see you still working one this! I remember the initial game you released. Memories...Loved the game, and I'm bout to play it again!

The first post still states that Book I is in a demo state (i.e. 30% complete). Is that true, or did you just not have enough time/forgot to edit the post?

I'm concerned since everyone's already talking about the second Book...

Alright, but why is everyone talking about Book II already when the first one isn't even 100% complete? ...or is it? At least he hasn't uploaded it yet.

The first book is complete.

He means that all three books combined is going to be 30 hours, each book similar in length(10 hours about)

Waaait a second... Juno said that the demo itself is approximately 10 hours long. The whole Book shall be thirty hours in playable content.

What the heck...?! Now I'm confused. I guess we'll just wait for Juno to bring light into the darkness of confusion.

The first book is complete. I might make minor modifications here and there, or add a little something at different points, but for all intents and purposes, it is a completed portion of the story. You can think of Book I as the "demo" for the entire story of Blacksmith's Apprentice.

The demo is complete, but not the entire game. The demo (Book I), is about 10 hours, and I expect the entire game (Books 1-3/4) to take about 30 hours.

Does this clear things up?

I hate doubleposting, but it is the only way for me to avoid this topic being cast into oblivion.

Anyhoo, just wanted to ask how the progress was going with Book II...

Hey, Juno. I don't have RPG Maker XP downloaded on my computer, so I'm going to need you to compress the game files, which should be an option when publishing the game in RPG Maker. That way, others can play the game without needing the software. Because everytime I try to play a XP game, the black screen of the game appears then disappears.

Just download the RTP, then. It's not that hard! And it's not hard to find, either, especially when you have Google as a friend, so I'm not going to provide you with a link.

Wow! The demo was great, I really enjoyed it. :biggrin: And what a cliffhanger, seriously can't wait for the next Book! Any idea when it'll be out?

cordynasty":g1hyihjy said:
Hey, Juno. I don't have RPG Maker XP downloaded on my computer, so I'm going to need you to compress the game files, which should be an option when publishing the game in RPG Maker. That way, others can play the game without needing the software. Because everytime I try to play a XP game, the black screen of the game appears then disappears.

Why are you on this forum if you don't have RPGXP?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.