Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Terra: New Moon

Contains controversial content, consult the Crazy Chimp Collective's Content advisory before playing. Not doing so means I and any persons included in the creation and or distribution of this product have complete legal exemption from any claims against content.
d48ui7C.png

"Those most in tune with the world's problems have the most reason to fix them. Vengeance gives us the chance to escape society and make that fix." ~Nikki Hirogashi

YLTB1al.png
Terra (2010) was released originally on the RPGmaker VX platform, after it's endemic failure due to several bad design choices and a lack of my own touch, it quickly was forgotten in favor of Intelligence (2011) which would mark the beginnings of my personal success. Sometimes I felt Terra could have been good had I given it more of a chance, however, it always struck me as such an overly-ambitious game, and Menagerie easily creamed it. With RPGmakerMV's release, I started more or less as a joke, working on a completely new version of Terra built from the ground. The joke however, outrageously backfired, and now I actually really like what I've gone and made. It would be injustice to not let your eyes behold what I've made in... less than a week!

It's a demo, currently. A very pretty one-- using mostly RTP or my own assets.

cJE8dCG.png
In a world with no sun, three moons orbit to give a perpetual sense of night, this is the world of Terra, a land of magic, wonder and evil. The President of the Atamos Corporation and his 12 Elected officials are seeking to free the Ancient buried Gemini Angels whom were imprisoned beneath Terra's surface in the molten core millennia ago. The people largely object to this, and soon enough Vengeance, a terrifying Dragonar the size of a city is sent by ambiguous forces to deal with the Atamos Corporation and the threat they pose to reality. This backfires when the Atamos Corporation manages to take control of the beast, and use it to keep the citizenry in check. From all this madness, a young girl, barely out of the academy, seeks to free her people from the jaws of tyranny after vengeance destroys her hometown, and the walls that once trapped her along with it-- which allowed her to be free. Now privy of the frivolous upstart, she is hunted by the Atamos Corporation, thus Teratown is the next target of the Corrupted Guardian.

Rqx8Nun.png

Click the image to see the album.

DZ59T8K.png

GUrUrIC.png

EOYn0ka.png

e3KcwPw.png

FhiGZSq.png

Princess Amy":2esty4h5 said:
Kyoshi should totally be played by Gary Oldman.
Oh man I can't believe I didn't see that until now!

coyotecraft":2esty4h5 said:
A Black Friday fight-off is an interesting way to start the game.
I'm glad that has been taken to well. I knew I wanted to largely change the intro from it's 2010 variant which was basically fan-fueled final fantasy X escape from Zanarkand, ugh...

Unlike Menagerie which got incredibly remastered, or even P:A which was just largely built onto, this is a complete from the ground remake of it's original because of the original, not much was redeemable. I did like the world though, and figured it could be worth giving a second chance. The generator made that really easy.

Also of all the stuff RMMV had, I think what surprised me most was the music, after the clowncar joke fiesta town5 from VX I didn't think we'd ever be able to rely on OH SHIT BATTLE3 THO!!!

And most of it is at least decent, while some is near on par with Uematsu's work.

Edit: Updated Character bios.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.