Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

stop fucking overusing the spoiler tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Despain, if nothing else, you're honest. That was a waste of a spoiler tag, but I don't think it deserved a thread about it...

I think people should keep to just using the spoiler for orgaising big posts and well, hiding spoilers...

I didn't mean to single you out, I've noticed a lot of people doing it. Your post was just the one that prompted me to make the thread.

PK8

it was an image but then it turned into a link. I turned off "display images, sigs and avatars." I have had it turned off for a while. After posting that thread, I checked on the images, signatures, and the avatars and then I read my thread and I saw the link to the image in the spoiler so I was like...ok, I'll leave my post like that. So there. Here was why the damn link was in the goddamn spoiler.

Goodbye RMXP.org. :(

PK8

Yes. (I can't believe I didn't leave yet.)

EDIT: Wait a second...what do you mean by "leaving again?" I don't think I really left net/org before.

Ya, aside from Despain flunking empathy class like we all flunk trying-to-be-less-hypersensitive class, the place seems fairly decent. Just smells like teen hormones sometimes.

As Despain points out (and this is hard for people to understand, but it's how it is so we should keep it in mind when reading his posts), his attacking a post, or someone's work, isn't attacking "THEM." Ofcourse we all get defensive when our babies are being napalmed, but just because he's napalming our babies doesn't mean he's flaming us. He's flaming THEM, and the problem is we just care too much about our babies (be they posts, artwork, stories or whatever).

So, let your babies be napalmed. Somewhere in all the screaming and the crying and the smell of burning flesh is a little advice to reconstructing your baby as something better. Somewhere in there...

>.>

lol :)

Post meant in jest. Hope noone takes offense, heh.

May I ask one question? What is the bid problem with people using it? I mean, just don't click on it. Just my opinion, but this is just pointless whinning.

I agree with SephirothSpawn. I use them all the time for posting images. Why? because it hides the images, and when the user clicks on the spoiler it opens the image, instead of having it freeze the site for 5 minutes while the image loads. i think that, if you're using images, they should always be in spoilers (unless they are small, i.e. NOT SCREENSHOTS TO A GAME!)

He's not saying don't use it, he's just saying to use it when it's actually needed, not just because you can. I mean, it should be used to hide large sections of post if they are optional and would make the post for to long to scroll past otherwise.

ow i don´t like so much when people overuse the spoilers too, but i won´t put a gun in their heads and obligate them to give up (over)using spoilers too... And sorry, but it´s not because you´re honest that you´ll go there saying all that comes in your mind. Like, "I fucking hate the fucking easiness you have to say such fucking slangs."

Got it?

I think Despain has made his point, it's already got off topic once, and just consists of people doing what Despain's asking you not to for the hell of it... I think this is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.