Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[SPOILERS] Black & White new pokemons

90ae40ebcaae13e3a039025e66062d5066f501d4.gif

okay this guy is officially the best pokemon forever :3

i don't know if that one in particular is in the game but there are a bunch here you can check out.

most of them employ a lot of squash and stretch but i'm just really happy they finally introduced animations! battles were getting extremely static and one has to wonder why it took 15 years to get such a simple concept implemented :I

Twirly

Sponsor

I don't get people saying that gen 3 and 4 were better in terms of design :x
gen 3 is argueable but for god's sake find me a pokemon from gen 4 which can compete with this shit
628.png

545.png

565.png

635.png

612.png

I'm in no way a Pokemon fan, especially due to the daunting task of understanding how deep the meta-game has become. But with Black and White, and the restriction to only Gen5 pokemon until the game has been fully completed, has given me a reason to try and get back in to it. In all honesty, I like a lot of the designs of these Pokemon. I am not holding any nostalgia for the first or second generations, although I will always have a soft spot for Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite. I am looking forward to Victini, Golett, Cubachoo, and some of the other Pokemon in Gen5, regardless of if they are powerful or top tier, or whatever. The single player has always been easy enough to beat through with your favorite Pokemon.

I am probably going to cheat Victini into the game as my starter. None of the other starters are as interesting to me as Squirtle or Puplip. Snivel is probably the only one who interests me, but not his evolutions.

I haven't really paid attention since Gen 1 which I absolutely adore. I don't really like Gen 3 and above, purely because I'm not familiar with them. Gen 2 had nice starters, that's all I really know. Oh and entei and suicune and things which were sortof cool.

moxie

Sponsor

i've thought the same thing for a while but these new pokemon are surprisingly well-designed

also prexus i agree the "metagame" with all the values and IP's and whatnot are kind of a pain to get a grasp on, especially if you played pokemon as a kid and forgot about it until now when they've implemented so much

the great thing about it though is that the game's as deep or as simple as you want it to be - if you want to ignore that shit and just walk around with your favorite pokemon you can still beat the game and do all the content easily enough

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.