Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Skyla: Project Abyss-A [17/60]

I'm good at actually working on games. It's the whole FINISHING that's the hard part. :|;;;

* Scripts assembled.
* Quality check to make sure everything functions happily together.
* Main menu mockup for request.
* Request filled! :D
* Some graphic work.

* Decide on what status images to use.
* IMAGE CLEAN UP FML
* Skill and item lists -- don't need to have the right values yet, just needs to be there.

Well, that was fail. I didn't end up doing anything but falling asleep on the keyboard yesterday. In my defense, I had a good excuse.

So today I'm going to try to get that done, plus a little extra to make up for the utter fail. :box:

I'm not going to get into too much about the game itself, because I don't know if it'll actually go anywhere. Given my track record in the game making department, I wouldn't be surprised if it never did, so I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'll still share whatever ends up finished from it though, naturally.

So far:

* Finished cleaning up a ridiculously huge picture that ended up half the size for the game over screen: 45 minutes
* Started on the lists. Almost done except for trade quest items: 1 hr

Planned for the rest of the night:
* Finish the trade quest list.
* Maybe do the title screen theme

afdalsdjf Fucking hell, hour and a half spent on one freaking song, and I'm not even sure I'll keep it. I hate MIDI sometimes; I need to learn how to make OGG files loop.

* Title screen theme (will upload later): 1:30
* The rest of the lists: 2

Total spent on game dev thus far: 5:15

Woo, I'm ahead! \o/

lmao, I am the most unproductive person ever.

Title Screen Theme

Some of you can probably figure out what I'm working on by now.

Anyway, there's going to be voices in the battle scene, and maybe some additional voices scattered throughout. So, the goal today is to get that all organized and stuff. I'll probably work on the rest of the major images too, before I start surrendering my life to spriting all the things.

And fuck you, BBC code.

Again, I didn't get a chance to do anything yesterday. fml

Today has mostly been a day of discovery, one I've been enjoying very much, because I've found out a lot about my favorite game that my current endeavor into RPG Maker has spawned off of. I'm not counting any of this research toward my total until I actually do something with it, but suffice to say, now I need to find a tutorial on how to loop OGG files.

My life is awesome right now.

I can't say this loudly enough.

I HATE RUNNING INTO SCRIPTING PROBLEMS!!!

Finished the rest of the images for the main menu, so I went to try everything out. Turns out if I have less than a full party of characters, I get a game crashing error in my menu. This is bad, because you spend most of the game with just ONE character, and now I have to wait for someone to fix it, because I still can't script worth a damn.

All of my rage, RMVX.

Ow... my brain is scrambled eggs.

Script is fixed, btw.

Today was also dedicated to research. Looked up parallax mapping in RMVX, and also looked into how to sequence skills in Tadaasjdfwif whatever battle system (this is how brain dead I am, I can't even Japanese properly). I will attempt to start programming skills once my brain has solidified.

I feel ridiculously accomplished, and over such a stupid thing too.

I started dabbling with programming skills in my battle system. It took me two hours to wrap my head around one little skill, but I did it, and it came out exactly the way I wanted it to.

I was working on typing out the flow of the game last night. It's not much, but it was something; I'll post it here when I have internet access on the other computer, as well as just outright say what the hell I'm working on for those of you that haven't figured it out yet.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.