Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Shake Screen?

Hey there, I'm trying to create a battle system that resembles old-stlye RPG's, such as Dragon Warrior. One of the main effects I want for that is the screen shaking when a player is hit. What would the command line be to make the screen shake?(if there even is one.) I want the whole screen shaking when a player is hit, Windows and everything. Thanks in advance!^_^

Really sorry. I am re-doing the shake method, as I don't like how the screen shake method is done (rather confusing and such). I am working on a more flexible method, so any window can "shake" in any direction, or just bound within a boxed region and such.

Once I get a decent algorithm for it down, I will post it. Really sorry for taking so long.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.