Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Script Merge Ccoa CBS 2.0 + Trickster's Advanced Battle Commands and Steal v5.5

Hello I reposted this because the first time I didnt realy ask for what I was looking for. I have been working with Ccoa's CBS 2.0 for a while and realy like the way it works, but any time I try to get any other Skills or command script to work with it I always get some form of error. I myself have done minor alterations to the script to make it look more final fantasy like. But I realy wish to get the skills system more final fantasy like. Trickster has made one of the best scripts to achieve this system, but yet again it does not comply with this CBS. Here is a screen shot of the error that I get for the Advanced Individual Battle Commands.
http://geocities.com/xavier_the_mad/Screenshot02.bmp[/IMG]

This is the section for the ATG in CBS Window_Base
Code:
135  def draw_actor_atg(actor, x, y, width = 144)
136    # •ÃÂÂ

hmm it must be something overwriting something else but I know ccoa's CBS comes included with individual battle commands, knowing that merging that and my script (V2.6) should probably be easy, I would say try using version 3.0 of my script but It probably will not work, and I am rewriting/updating my Steal script.

Well maybe you can help me mod the IBC from the CBS I am using. I know some scripting but not enought to look at a script and know how to compleatly work it to what I want. Here is the section where you state what each command does.
Code:
  def update_phase3_basic_command
    unless @active_actor.inputable?
      @active_actor.current_action.clear
      phase3_next_actor
      return
    end
    # B Æ’{Æ’^ƒ“‚ª‰Ÿ‚³‚ꂽÂÂÂ

just make sure my script is below her CBS, since you don't have to edit anything in the script editor to tell how the command works. you do this in a text file

If you look in the BattleCommand.rxdata file you will find this

Code:
id		5
name		Heal Burst
kind		3
skill_id	81
description	A Heal Blast heals all allies randomly

If you change the number 81 the skill_id you can change the skill it casts in battle the Format for this is
Code:
id		ID
name		NAME
kind		3
skill_id	SKILL ID
next_method  skill

where id is the id of the command
name is the name of the command
skill id is the id of the skill to use

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.