Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

script error falcao pearl

im getting this error script pearl battler settings's line 466: nomethoderror occurred. undefined method 'id for nil:nilclass

I think it happens when I kill the boss in my game. the thing is it does not happen all the time.

sometimes I can clear the boss with no problem while other times the above error occurs

please help!

ty

So, it looks like that's a result of a battler not being defined. I'm taking a look into the script right now. I'll edit this post when I figure out more.

Edit: This seems to be an issue where a follower isn't part of the party. Specifically, what's happening is that it is trying to get the information for a follower to check things, and that information doesn't exist. The error is because it assumes that the information will be there to access.

if i == battler.id
swap_dead_follower
$game_player.reserved_swap.delete(i)
end}

Im still having trouble with the above script. whenever my follower dies I get an error. I've been testing for some time
and never decided to just use 1 follower until now... and it seems thats the cause. If I have more then 1 follower and both die it crashs
if 1 dies its ok...

its almost like the 2 events are fighting over who can use the dead graphic lmao! please help.. lol

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.